Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista audio comming though only one speaker

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    For some messed up reason I'm only getting sound from my left speaker (right on headphones). I've got the latest realtek vista drivers installed too for my chipset so I dunno what the deal is... i've got the RealtekŪ ALC850 8-channel audio on my board. any help would be great.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Is the balance slider centered on volume control? Another cause can be the jack isn't set right. It can get warped/bent from aggressive plugging in & outs. If this is the case a wiggle or half way in plugging can sometimes help it but in the end you may need a new soundcard or headphones depending on which is bent. My old monitor has a headphone jack and if you plug it in all the way you don't hear anything at all. If I plug in it half way It works fine. lol I got a soundcard and hooked it up to a stereo system. We had an old stereo system one time and I remember when I listened with headphones I could make the sound only one speaker by pressing on the plugged in jack.

So it could be a bad contact inside the jack or a software issue.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by killuminati96 View Post
    Is the balance slider centered on volume control? Another cause can be the jack isn't set right. It can get warped/bent from aggressive plugging in & outs. If this is the case a wiggle or half way in plugging can sometimes help it but in the end you may need a new soundcard or headphones depending on which is bent. My old monitor has a headphone jack and if you plug it in all the way you don't hear anything at all. If I plug in it half way It works fine. lol I got a soundcard and hooked it up to a stereo system. We had an old stereo system one time and I remember when I listened with headphones I could make the sound only one speaker by pressing on the plugged in jack.

So it could be a bad contact inside the jack or a software issue.
    It's gotta be software related, it was working fine when I had xp installed. Now I can't even re-install xp cause this mobo is such a piece a shit.... so i'm stuck with crap vista...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Whats the chipset and can you roll back drivers?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Whats the chipset and can you roll back drivers?
    Nforce 4 SLI, there's no drivers to roll back on.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Gee another Vista success story ...... I feel all warm and fuzzy for uninstalling that pos . Did n't Vista and Nvidia have early issues ? I 'd research that, see what you find .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Did n't Vista and Nvidia have early issues ? I 'd research that, see what you find .
    They did indeed have some issues, for right now I have to use vista cause I can't re-install xp. I really regret getting this mobo...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you didn't say if the slider is in the center or at oe of the sides.
    In your system tray double click the speaker icon.

ALso try control panel -> sound -> right click speakers -> configure -> see if its set to stereo or whatever?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    you didn't say if the slider is in the center or at oe of the sides.
    In your system tray double click the speaker icon.

ALso try control panel -> sound -> right click speakers -> configure -> see if its set to stereo or whatever?
    It's set to stero, full range. this is what I'm looking at right now.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post

It's gotta be software related, it was working fine when I had xp installed. Now I can't even re-install xp cause this mobo is such a piece a shit.... so i'm stuck with crap vista...
    How does the mobo prevent you from reinstalling XP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast