Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

I do lucid pretty much every night; I can control my self in my dreams

when im asleep and I dream I will get half way thorugh and say this is dream then I can control it does any one else have the same control (im talking every night here)

2. Lounge   -   #12
    How do you do that mrtilley? You must have some ritual or technique before you go to bed. Tell us what it is! lol

3. Lounge   -   #13
    not a ritual I think it must be alot of 10 shifts at works they send me into a deep sleep after i finsish visiting kazaa forums

4. Lounge   -   #14
    either you guys are nuts, or youre on shrooms. either way, i want in.

edit: also, have you ever had sex with jessica alba?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    Stop posting everywhere!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by Got_memory?@2 June 2003 - 20:50
    Stop posting everywhere!
    stop getting off-topic!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I love lucid dreaming. I do it to relax myself when I'm stressed. During exams by example.
    My method: I hold something in my hand untill I fall asleep. When I am on the verge of falling asleep the thing in my hand threatens to fall on the floor.....At that moment I realize I am falling asleep and it's easy to control ur dreams then. The only thing you have to learn is NOT to wake up at that moment.

I try not to do it too often though, as lucid dreaming robs you of your ability to deal with the stuff you deal with in your real dreams...I once did it a few weeks in a row practically every night, and I really felt like I lacked sleep.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    My classic example:

I dreamed I was in my bathroom, looking in the mirror. I turned around to hold onto my towel rack and for some reason I became aware that I might be dreaming.

I reasoned to myself that everytime I dream, books are jibberish. So I walked from the bathroom to my bookshelf and selected a random book. Made no sense.

I became aware that I was dreaming, yet I was fully concious. I walked to my apartment door and realized I could leave and do whatever I wanted.

That is as far as I can go, I just blended into another dream.

Once I realize it is a dream, I know I am "making it up", so it fizzles.

Anytime anything fantastic happens in a dream (flying, finding treaure, talking with Michael Jordan) my concious mind calls bullshit and the fun is over. I wish I could just let it flow.

Do you guys ever have sleep paralysis? That is when your eyes are open, you are fully concious, yet you cannot move your body. This is rather unpleasant for me. If you have never experienced it, you might not understand what I mean.

But for me, every night has a memorable event. I can almost always remember several dreams from the night before, and "yes" we do dream in color. I noticed this in one of my concious dreams, a friend was wearing a green shirt.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by Skweeky@3 June 2003 - 03:25
    I love lucid dreaming. I do it to relax myself when I'm stressed. During exams by example.
    My method: I hold something in my hand untill I fall asleep. When I am on the verge of falling asleep the thing in my hand threatens to fall on the floor.....At that moment I realize I am falling asleep and it's easy to control ur dreams then. The only thing you have to learn is NOT to wake up at that moment.
    I like that idea.. So do you think by like holding a remote control in my hand while my hand is dangling off of my bed would work? I think the reason why I cant lucid every night for the most part is because I am a bad insomniac and consume almost 1000 mg of caffeine a day (10 cups of coffee) which I have been informed, is really bad for me...

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Nice.. For me when I found out I was lucid dreaming in one of my dreams was when a couple of my friends and I snuck out and were really stoned (in my dream? lol) We were smokin and we saw a cop so we ran, but while I was running it felt like I was running like 50 mph.. It was crazy, then I concluded that this must be a dream because I had no record of how I got there, what time it was, or even what the date was.. Once I had realized this I practiced lucid skills such as flying and gliding.. It was really fun, but after about 10 mins I woke up in a pool of sweat.. (i hate that).. I read somewhere that when your dream 'fizzles' like that, your supposed to rub your hands togetther in your dream.. I guess this keeps your 'dream brain' awake or something.. i duno

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast