Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Originally posted by sk8punk151+3 June 2003 - 03:45--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sk8punk151 @ 3 June 2003 - 03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Skweeky@3 June 2003 - 03:25
    I love lucid dreaming. I do it to relax myself when I&#39;m stressed. During exams by example.
    My method: I hold something in my hand untill I fall asleep. When I am on the verge of falling asleep the thing in my hand threatens to fall on the floor.....At that moment I realize I am falling asleep and it&#39;s easy to control ur dreams then. The only thing you have to learn is NOT to wake up at that moment.
    I like that idea.. So do you think by like holding a remote control in my hand while my hand is dangling off of my bed would work? I think the reason why I cant lucid every night for the most part is because I am a bad insomniac and consume almost 1000 mg of caffeine a day (10 cups of coffee) which I have been informed, is really bad for me... [/b][/quote]
    I guess it could work, I usually hold a book....
    BUt I think every needs to find his/her own trick to get into it...

2. Lounge   -   #22
    wow you guys are serious. i need to try this. i would think if i became concious while dreaming, i would just wake up. when you guys wake up does it seem as if it really happened, like a real memory, or is it actually like you were dreaming, even if its just because the stuff that happened is abnormal?

isnt all this just like imagining or daydreaming while youre awake? how do you know youre actually asleep, not just thinking deeply about something?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by Z@3 June 2003 - 04:10
    wow you guys are serious. i need to try this. i would think if i became concious while dreaming, i would just wake up. when you guys wake up does it seem as if it really happened, like a real memory, or is it actually like you were dreaming, even if its just because the stuff that happened is abnormal?

isnt all this just like imagining or daydreaming while youre awake? how do you know youre actually asleep, not just thinking deeply about something?
    well....sometimes it feels like it was real...it can really brighten my day.
    How I know I&#39;m asleep? Can u visually see yourself flying when you&#39;re wide awake or just thinking about something?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    so it actually feels like youre in a dream? this is very cool.

has ne1 seen Vanilla Sky? terrible movie, but apparently "lucid dreaming" is a big part of it.

so if you can do whatever you want, have you stolen any ferraris yet?

can you make things pop out of mid-air, like in cartoons? omg, i need to master this...

5. Lounge   -   #25
    most of the time I dream of flying, that&#39;s fun. Other times I try to dream stories I&#39;ve read, that&#39;s cool too

6. Lounge   -   #26
    How about naps, that is some intense sleep.

Have you ever awakened wondering if you are sleeping in, late for work/school, no idea what time of day it is?

My best nap EVER, I awoke and had no idea what my name was or where I was for about 2 minutes.

Imagine, not knowing your name, very weird feeling.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    so what stops you from just waking up? isnt that what naturally happens when you become aware?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by hobbes@2 June 2003 - 22:21
    How about naps, that is some intense sleep.

Have you ever awakened wondering if you are sleeping in, late for work/school, no idea what time of day it is?

My best nap EVER, I awoke and had no idea what my name was or where I was for about 2 minutes.

Imagine, not knowing your name, very weird feeling.
    this has nothing to do with it. but yes, i have had naps where i wake up not knowing what time it is. kinda shocks me for a sec until i see a clock.

if you dont know your name, it must have been a pretty harsh hangover, my man.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by Z@3 June 2003 - 04:21
    so what stops you from just waking up? isnt that what naturally happens when you become aware?
    I do wake up, darn it&#33;
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    yes, that is the natural reaction. You have to teach yourself not to have the reflex to wake up, that&#39;s the hard part. After that it&#39;s pretty simple

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast