Thread: Laptop Hard Drives?

zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    What do I need to know about buying laptop hard drives?
    are they all the same size (dimentions)?
    I am looking for one for a Dell Latitude ST133XPi.
    Anyone got one for sale? I dont need a huge one, about 1Gb should do it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    laptop drives are laptop drives,. but there are pretty expensive, have a look on ebay.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Run a search on Google for your best price, I don't think you will be able to get a 1gb now, i think it's 12gb.
    I have a warning message now on my Compaq Armada, iminent disk failure, Not good, well pi*sed off as new will cost £60, my laptop has been nothing but trouble.
    Baz
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    How much are you willing to spend? You could get a 80 gb hard drive for about $110. Its a long-term investment.
    This is what I did for my laptop Dell Inspiron. I bought an external case that has IDE cables and bought an external hard drive along with USB 2.0. USB 2.0 and External case came about $50 to me and then Western Digital 200 gb Harddrive was on sale, got that for $100. That was a great deal.
    Now you could get 120gb hard drive for about $69.99 through rebates.
    Goodluck!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Western Digital 200 gb Harddrive was on sale, got that for &#036;100. That was a great deal.
    Where? recently? Gimme, gimme, gimme&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I got 100gig now but it&#39;s filled with VHDs and programs, no place for my music.

How the hell did people use to get by with 2 gig hard drives lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by balamm@2 June 2003 - 20:40
    Where? recently? Gimme, gimme, gimme&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I got 100gig now but it&#39;s filled with VHDs and programs, no place for my music.

How the hell did people use to get by with 2 gig hard drives lol
    lol
    It came out around two-three weeks back when the manufacturer had a &#036;100 mail in rebate and Dell was giving 20% off on top of that.
    I guess you got to wait for a while until you can get hold of such a deal&#33;

I check with Tech Bargains
    for excellent deals. Thats where I get to know about all the discounts and deals.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>