Thread: Purchasing FXPable server?

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I'm busting my nut tryin to find where to download a server that's fxpable. All i can find is www.burtonhosting.com, but there terms and conditions about piracy is overboard. LOL.

any suggestions?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    all servers are FxP-able. just allow it in your FTPD program. Remember a server is different than hosting. most host do not allow FxP.
    Proud Member of:

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    what you are looking for is a shell account that will allow you to run pftp. fxp has nothing to do with a server. fxp just allows you to remotly instruct one server to send a file to another server without having the files pass though your connection
    Last edited by pimpy112; 05-02-2007 at 02:47 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    no actually you're wrong fxp does have everything to do with the server... majority of hosts do not allow fxp connections as fxp is transferring files directly from one ftp to another, not using your connection... you simply facilitate the transfers but the files do not pass through your connection

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    most ftpd cleints allow fxp. It might be a problem with not enough open ports for pasive mode to work, in that case turn on pasive mode. Most hosting compaines i know about run glftpd on a unix shell. If you have access to the config file you should be able to allow it