Thread: Please Help

I have Bellsouth fast access 6.0 and I am using NewsBin as a reader. I did a test post using outlook and noticed my real email address is showing up. I see there are other people who post and they have a fake email address showing. My question is how can I make a Post / Request without my email address showing up? Thanks everyone for ur help.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Outlook....eeeeuuuuwww. I'm sure that there is a way (someone here will chime in) but NOBODY uses outlook, I haven't (and it was only for a couple of minor things) at least 9 years ago. Get a decent newsreader, there are several free or nearly free ones around, and if you want to post, PowerPost (vr. YencPowerPostA&A11b) is the preferred way (take a look at the headers you are d/l'ing, it's all over the place; lots of folks even use it to 'chat').

But to post comments/requests and such, get a good newsreader. I use NewsRover, but it's very commercial (read: $$) but I've used it for many years so I can't even remember the original cost, maybe $5-10 every 2-3 years since for major updates.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    grabit is an easy one to use

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Never use your real email address on newsgroups. To change right click on the server and on the Email address tab change it to something like [email protected].

Also OE is great for text groups but complete tosh for binary content.

Edit made an assumption you was using OE if you are using outlook full I have no idea.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy72 View Post
    Never use your real email address on newsgroups. To change right click on the server and on the Email address tab change it to something like [email protected].

Also OE is great for text groups but complete tosh for binary content.

Edit made an assumption you was using OE if you are using outlook full I have no idea.
    his right never use a real email, u will get your ass spammed