Thread: Ip's and Private torrent sites.

Poster BT Rep: +5
    My father and I currently use 2 separate internet service providers, however we'll soon be sharing our service through the use of a router. I'm curious, if we are using a router does that mean we'll have the same IP addresses, and how will this affect our use of private torrent sites that we both have accounts at?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    If both of you are using a router to share a connection then you most definitely will have the same IP address too.

What fascinates me though is that a father and son are both into torrenting? Never heard of that before. Anyway, both you and your father's accounts might get flagged by trackers if they found out that it shares the same IP address.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yeah, you would get flagged as dupe ips and probably both banned, or maybe just one account banned. I suggest you share an account or ask the mods of the site to place a note on your account.

Yeah... its not always heard of family members both into torrenting.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    zehsay's Avatar trance lover BT Rep: +3
    You should send a PM to the admins in order to avoid getting your accounts banned.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I started using Bittorrents a while back at suprnova.org, after I started getting into the private trackers I showed my dad how to do it.

I'll try pm'ing the admins and hope that will work, don't want one of the accounts to be dormant and end up being deleted.