Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firewall Progams

Personally, i would stick with "SYGATE PERSONAL FIREWALL" It's works very well for me and i have been using it for over a year now.
    Only yesterday i had yet another port scan put on me,

And the little things like "Real player" & WMP ver9, Wants to talk to mummy.
    Barry
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    yea i recomend sygate to iv tried zonalarm and all them but i took them off after a day to put sygate back on

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    im using Norton Personal Firewall 2003. and it works fine for me. i has all the options just like zone alarm. it has visual tracer. its cool.
    as long as im happy with it im not gonna change my firewall to zone alarm pro until requisite

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Check out www.grc.com
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Software based firewalls are the worst decision you can ever make to secure your pc. Nine times out of ten if there's a pass-through you get a damn screen prompt asking your permision among other annoying things. Buy a router with a hardware based firewall integrated into it. I only paid 276 dollars for my cisco router, but I was a student in the cisco netcad academy at the time so I got a discount. But there are a lot of routers out there for under 100 bucks. Think about it like this: Software firewall programs are well............programs, which means if its not running or it malfunctions then your machine is spread eagle on the internet. When as to where if your router malfunctions then then thats pretty much going to prevent you from being connected to the net anyway, so until you get that fixed your not online anyway and no one or nothing can get through, no matter how many machines you have on your network.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12