Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a feeling Pay2leech & pay4Invite will go on SCT

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You notice the bar on the top right with "donate on it". I'll bet tht when that gets to the top, all the paying for stuff will end.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    You notice the bar on the top right with "donate on it". I'll bet tht when that gets to the top, all the paying for stuff will end.
    I think SCT doesn't deserve level 5 anymore because of this . 4.5 level now is very wise . Pay for invite & for leech is dangerous for the idea of FILESHARING , Which meant to be FREE . If the Top of the top breaks the rule and the idea of the free file sharing , than what will others low level trackers DO? i really wonder ......

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by TorrenTy View Post
    I think SCT doesn't deserve level 5 anymore because of this . 4.5 level now is very wise . Pay for invite & for leech is dangerous for the idea of FILESHARING , Which meant to be FREE . If the Top of the top breaks the rule and the idea of the free file sharing , than what will others low level trackers DO? i really wonder ......
    I think SCT knows this. That's part of the reason that I think this won't last much longer. Look at the site. The thermometer is almost to the top. I'll bet after that this payment system will get the boot (for a while at least)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Pay to leech and pay for invite is morally wrong yes. But so is downloading copyright material. Someone have to pay for the servers. And if regular donating dont cut it, they have to go other ways to get the money they need. If your pissed about it then i guess you should have considered donating more before they had to take those measures to secure the future of the tracker. The members there did not donate enough, so they had two choices a) shut down b) alternative measures to get income to pay for the servers.

Yes this makes SCT open to the "public" now that even my mom can get an accont there. Should it fall down to a level 4,5 or whatever. Yes.
    If it such a horrible thing that the "value" of our e-penis falls by 0.5 points. How cares what lvl the tracker is, whats important is that the tracker delivers on the on the following list.
    1) Download speed.
    2) Pre times
    3) Ability to seed there, or have alternative ways to maintain ratio. Free leech, seed points or bonus or what ever.
    4) A friendly and helpful community.
    5) Friendly and helpful staff, you might need some help one day, and it helps if they actually help you not tell you to fuck off.

Other stuff that helps:
    lay out is eye candy
    Files have long life time
    Several files to chose from, not just the popular files you can get on every single tracker from here to mars. But that you have the ability to find that odd program you wanted to try out. Or that Asian movie you cant find anywhere, or a pack of your favorite tv show, and so on.
    The level of the tracker dont really matter as long as the tracker delivers.

For the record i am actually against Pay2leech, But i think its much more important that the tracker lives on than my moral beliefs are offended, And being a downloader myself i do not think i have the right to stand on a high horse and tell other whats right and wrong to do when we are dealing with copyright material.
    The funny thing is that this could have been avoided if the members of SCT actually payed some attention, and donated when it was needed. But they dont wanna do that, But they cry blood when the rarity of the tracker falls, start whining and saying the tracker is going to hell and all that.
    Ask your self this question have you noticed anything different in the tracker today or 1 month ago. I doubt it.

And for the record this is not actually intended to the OP or the other guy. This is just a response to all the endless whining that have been going on for the past 2-3 week here regrading SCT.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by TorrenTy View Post

I think SCT knows this. That's part of the reason that I think this won't last much longer. Look at the site. The thermometer is almost to the top. I'll bet after that this payment system will get the boot (for a while at least)
    I fully agree with you dear , i think that too , they will change that silly system soon .

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i dont care if the levels fall ... its better to Pay2leech or pay4Invite than to become extinct ! coz that site is worth it..

ScT is still one of the best trackers out there ..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Pay to leech and pay for invite is morally wrong yes. But so is downloading copyright material.
    Jesus multiplied the bread/fish. But i didnt see any local fishermen/bakers complaining about that . Anyway, i am not even a christian but the morality of the issue isnt so clear.

I agree, that sct adopting p2l policy is horrific. Not only because of the act itself, but because sct is considered top of the top and when smaller trackers see sct doing this, then it will be more likely for them to adopt such policy too.

But you cant really blaim sct. When a tracker cant survive through normal donations, there are 2 reasons for it. Either the tracker isnt good enough, or its members dont appreciate the tracker enough to donate and keep it alive. Since sct is a very good tracker, it means that its members didnt appreciated it enough to donate.

So the problem isnt the tracker but its members.

I really hope this will work as a warning bell for all bittorrent users. If you appreciate something, support it. Otherwise it will either die or adopt p2l. And then you will have noone to blaim but yourself.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    exuse my ignorance, but i don't know this torrent site, Sct, is it his full name?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    They aren't going to change it any time soon, it brings them money.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    exuse my ignorance, but i don't know this torrent site, Sct, is it his full name?
    somecooltorrents.com
    Last edited by KFlint; 01-08-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast