Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half Life 2(im Sorry But I Have Too)

I don't care for the details very much because I've usually got them on low, but when I see games on high graphics I don't see much of a difference just a few more bulletholes and a more shiny gun

As for framerates 40fps will do me fine

2. Games   -   #12
    I don't care for the details very much because I've usually got them on low, but when I see games on high graphics I don't see much of a difference just a few more bulletholes and a more shiny gun

As for framerates 40fps will do me fine

3. Games   -   #13
    These are all quite good guesses, but the minimum requirements are listed in the newest PC Gamer Magazine as follows (I'm reading STRAIGHT from the mag):

(just little clips of what they did say (valve and PC GAMER))

"will be fully scalable"

"even able to run on TNT2 cards"

it is true that the game will be very scalable.

Specs are:

700+ mhz
    3+ gig hard drive, though game will take up only about 1 1/2 or so.
    TNT2 Graphics card or above (obviously MUCH lower performance)
    (newest radeon and gforce are recommended)
    64mb of RAM
    Windows Compatible Sound Card
    Direct X 9.0 or higher
    8x CD-ROM drive

4. Games   -   #14
    you know i dont understand why a xbox with such outdated technology would be able to run half life 2 and doom 3. even if the games are optimzed for it

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    the xbox dedicates all its power to running its games, which means it doesn't need half of what a pc needs to run a game at the same speed. if the pcs of today did that doom 3 would run on a 700mhz, 64mb pc133 sdram, 32meg 3d card, with no problems at all.

6. Games   -   #16
    yea your proably right. im lookin @ my task manager (winxp) and see 20 different apps running in the background.

i wish they could make a windows compatable gaming os.

hmmmm imagine the fps

7. Games   -   #17
    hey i was just thinkin. does that mean if i use an old er version of windows (ie win98) i would get a SIGNIFIGANT increase in perforamce.

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    it might help a little bit for gaming, but nothing noticible

9. Games   -   #19
    Originally posted by Pitbul@3 June 2003 - 08:57
    im gonna jump in real quick im wondering if my computer will be able to handle that rather of what looks like one of the greatest games of the year but here my system spec's

520 DDR Ram
    2.4 P4
    umm im pretty sure its a got s very decent mothers board.
    64 MB Intel Extreme Graphic card.
    80 Gig Hard Drive

i know im gonna be cleaning out my system once i get it as well. but how does that sound im prolly gonna get a new video card (if i can get money )
    Those intel extreme graphics cards are fairly crap - i'd go out and spend $100 on a decent card and everything else looks pretty good.

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Fletch+4 June 2003 - 05:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fletch @ 4 June 2003 - 05:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Pitbul@3 June 2003 - 08:57
    im gonna jump in real quick im wondering if my computer will be able to handle that rather of what looks like one of the greatest games of the year but here my system spec&#39;s

520 DDR Ram
    2.4 P4
    umm im pretty sure its a got s very decent mothers board.
    64 MB Intel Extreme Graphic card.
    80 Gig Hard Drive

i know im gonna be cleaning out my system once i get it as well. but how does that sound im prolly gonna get a new video card (if i can get money&nbsp; &nbsp; )
    Those intel extreme graphics cards are fairly crap - i&#39;d go out and spend &#036;100 on a decent card and everything else looks pretty good. [/b][/quote]
    im most likley gonna go and do that but as crappy they are i actually run games like Postal 2 and games similiar to that with no problemthe only thing that sucks is when i play postal 2 it wont reflect when im looking into a mirror.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12