Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Forum

I pay for my brakes to be fixed and my car to be washed. That's why I work, so I don't have to do those things myself.

While it is happening I talk to friends or read books or some other fun stuff. Life is fantastic and I would commend it to anyone who can be bothered making the effort.

I use this as a way to interact with people who I would not normally meet. There is no other way to do it.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by internet.weather@5 March 2004 - 20:32
    I pay for my brakes to be fixed and my car to be washed. That's why I work, so I don't have to do those things myself.

While it is happening I talk to friends or read books or some other fun stuff. Life is fantastic and I would commend it to anyone who can be bothered making the effort.

I use this as a way to interact with people who I would not normally meet. There is no other way to do it.
    Great!!!

I wasn't saying the YOU in particular have no life or anything. I'm addressing a basic issue to anyone.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by Busyman+6 March 2004 - 00:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 6 March 2004 - 00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@5 March 2004 - 20:32
    I pay for my brakes to be fixed and my car to be washed. That&#39;s why I work, so I don&#39;t have to do those things myself.

Great&#33;&#33;&#33;

I wasn&#39;t saying the YOU in particular have no life or anything. I&#39;m addressing a basic issue to anyone. [/b][/quote]
    I never thought, or even suspected, you were referring to me, I was just replying to your post.

I really have no interest in washing cars, if you have then cool. To each their own.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by sara5564@3 June 2003 - 03:34
    I come to this forum for a stimulating read, and to enter into the fray with people I would otherwise not meet. However, there is also an element of loneliness that means that if I was not here, I would be alone, at home with the kids in bed and no one to talk to. Is it sad that I have no social life at the moment? Will I continue to spend as much time online once I return to the UK in just over a week, and start to see friends I haven&#39;t seen for nearly a year? In which case, could it be said that this forum is a stop gap?
    I think my use and reasons for using this board are similar ot those you state. When i was in switzerland over the summer, my social life dropped like a stone, that along with free fast internet access and the incredibly boring work i was doing, meant that my time spent on this board and general participation shot up. It was also a relief to be able to discuss serious and interesting things without having to resort to my shoddy german or using itty bitty words in English. Since i&#39;ve returned to Edinburgh and have my friends around, i visit the board a lot less. I still like to read the debates that go on as they are some of hte most entertaining and informative things on the internet, however, my participation in the debates has decreased.
    In some ways this was a stop gap for me, but i continue to come here and enjoy it which in the end is all that really matters imo. Personally I would think your time online will (like mine did) decrease significantly when you return to the UK, but i&#39;m sure you won&#39;t be able to stay away :smilie3:

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Its magic baby!
    Just to let you know that she posted that in june last year.
    Wiz.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@5 March 2004 - 21:01
    Just to let you know that she posted that in june last year.

Was I the only one who noticed that?

Still a good topic to bring back Wiz.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I like to come here to read while I&#39;m in-between jobs. I&#39;m a auto mechanic and I spend a lot of time sitting around waiting for parts to be delivered so that I can get back to work. I like to read more than I like to post, which is why I have a little over 600 posts in almost a year. I like to think of this forum as a supplement to real life, and there are people here who take this board way to serious. I like to come here and read but if I can&#39;t it&#39;s no big deal.

If I was banned I would be disappointed thought because its such a great reference to any question or problem that I might have. People here a very helpful and its nice to know that you can come here if you need some sort of help, or if you just want to hang out a chat.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Arm comes here because hes very socially inept with no life and this gives him something to do.
    Sorta like a half-ass imitation of having real friends I guess. Though I grow quite tired of the &#39;ol forums quite easily (and everything else in life >_<) but hey, it&#39;s better then sitting in front of the TV which is what ide be doing if there was no computer for me to use. :

Though I dont care for friends and don&#39;t really find being around them very intresting. Seeing people at school on the few days I go is enough for me. Arm wants secks, not friends.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I wonder about that question quit a bit
    t definetly comes under leisure time
    but at certain times it takes over my duties time
    which aint good
    anyway its winter so i guess its better than staing at tv
    Interactivity is my only answer

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    What a pleasant surprise to see an old thread revived&#33;

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast