Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Forum

Originally posted by sara5564@8 March 2004 - 01:01
    What a pleasant surprise to see an old thread revived! 
    More pleasant to see an old friend.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by hobbes+7 March 2004 - 21:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 7 March 2004 - 21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara5564@8 March 2004 - 01:01
    What a pleasant surprise to see an old thread revived&#33;
    More pleasant to see an old friend. [/b][/quote]
    Both, actually.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by hobbes+8 March 2004 - 01:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 8 March 2004 - 01:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sara5564@8 March 2004 - 01:01
    What a pleasant surprise to see an old thread revived&#33;
    More pleasant to see an old friend. [/b][/quote]
    Nice to see you too Hobbes...One thing though, I rather liked your rabbits...where are your rabbits????? I miss your furry friend selection.

Hey J2k4, great to see you too.

Its nice to get back into the fray from time to time. Its great to see that most of the old gang is still posting....hmm....I have a feeling that this is relevant to this thread...why are we all still here (even if I have been away for a while)? I guess that it shows that an online community of friends is actually not so different from IRL, we hang around those we like.

dont have time just now to add futher to this thread in any significant sense, maybe later when I have got some work done&#33; ho hum.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Ho-hum, indeed.

Tease.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    I think i come to this forum because i am a social outcast and i admit it.

I dont like it, but i am.

When i go out i dont like being around people and seeing people being happy and all pisses me off and too much people freak me out.

I dont know why. I know its not normal but thats the way i am and i wish i wasnt like this.

So, i come to this forum so much because i dont feel threatened and no one can make me feel like im only 2 inches tall like IRL.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    A few more people show up, and this could be a right reunion of the original W.N. & E., crowd, eh?

The heady days of revolution.

Weren&#39;t we special?

I&#39;d like to think I can rustle up a modicum of insufferability, yet.

Hobbes-Perhaps you could charter an elevator for our little soiree?

A nice, large Otis, with facilities, would do nicely I think.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    So we are all here?

Just one thing though.

I never did quite understand what this thread had to do with World News & Events.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    lynx: A meeting of such highly esteemed forum stalwarts, would rate as a World Event.

Hiya sara5564, suprised I missed or just didn&#39;t reply the first time this thread ran.

I came stumbling along to the forum for information and a clean version of Kazaa. I found an interesting community with a vast array of knowledge and interests. I continue to visit for the stimulation and humour.

I have an unusual work pattern and the result is I have alot of free time. I generally go online for a bit after everyone else has left the house in the morning. Usually have my second java and check the news and stuff.

If I see something interesting at the forum I might pop back in throughout the day to see how it is progressing.

I don&#39;t differentiate between "here" and real life. All part of the same package.

:beerchug: omc

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by lynx@8 March 2004 - 14:03
    So we are all here?

Just one thing though.

I never did quite understand what this thread had to do with World News & Events.
    I think the qualifying point was sara&#39;s consent to join our fray (when was that, anyway?); it truly altered the balance of "power", so to speak.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by sara5564@8 March 2004 - 12:47
    Nice to see you too Hobbes...One thing though, I rather liked your rabbits...where are your rabbits????? I miss your furry friend selection.

Rabbit is working at Rikk and Cowsy&#39;s forum here and due to an arthritic hip is unable work both forums.

For the gentleman, scroll down to my next post in that linked thread, well worth the effort.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast