Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Have Kids!

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    My 2 year old daughter has just scribbled all over my monitor and keyboard with a black permanent marker.
    I was putting her crappy nappy in the bin.
    I was out of the room for 2 seconds.
    Kids are a pain in the arse.
    Thoughts?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    "Hit Your Kids, God Says Its Ok" slap her round a bit my dad did its not child abuse it wasn't when my dad hit me when i was small and got in trouble u know them congress men and protestors have hit there kids. every action has its reprocusions. obviosly if u hit them just cuz thats wrong but i memeber getting in big trouble and having ot face the jury im glad my parents hit me. one thing i have noticed is if u dont hit them they relize they can get away with it and then turn into lil brats

3. Lounge   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@3 June 2003 - 10:22
    one thing i have noticed is if u dont hit them they relize they can get away with it and then turn into lil brats
    i can agree with this to a certain extent, but there is no reason to hit kids.

just discipline them correctly, if u hit them it teaches them that you can resolve things with violence....not a good influence to kids.

there are other ways around it without physical abuse. Such as the raising of a voice, or locking the kid in a room for a while, to think about their actions. not just make them cry by hitting them too hard.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    There's a danger, it must be said, of spoiling kids. But I would hope, that being multi-faceted, intelligent apes, we can ponder longer on meteing out thunderbolt justice to our sprogs. There must be alternatives which don't leave us feeling guilty and a little bit savage.
    I was educated in a savagely strict school where pain was on the daily curriculum.
    I will not say they have taught me that.
    They have taught me the antithesis.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I don't believe in smacking kids.

But just think when your mates come around and see your monitor, you could start a new trend

Just did mine, it looks cool!!!
    Barry
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

6. Lounge   -   #6
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    theres just too much violence for all kids now, tv shows, everything.

the least they need is their parents showing them more.
    i was hit as a child, and admit it has helped me in a way, but i will never like that my father did that to me, how could any child?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Now you know better then to have permanent markers around a 2 Year Old.They call them Terrible Twos for a reason.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    i dont see why u cant hit ur kids i mean not to where like ur knockin'em out with a slap but i mean of course theres a limit to where "ok maybe not that hard of it hit" my dad hit my to where i'd start crying but not to where i had obvios bruises and stuff but a slap just hard enough to grab my attention amd make me relize what i had done was wrong. im barely 15 most of the tie this is the age where u are angry at ur parents for all the time they have made u mad and all that but i'd rather be hit wheni was small then a brat then and now.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Barry,
    FC, The marker now resides on a distant shelf.
    Billy, I know where you're coming from. I'd say we share similar experiences.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Pitbul. Some kids probably do deserve it but at what point does it stop?
    I may smack my daughter now and she'll realise that's she's done wrong. Yet in doing so I'm making the crime all the more intriguing to her. And where does it stop. I might be quicker next time in hitting her because it's so effective. I don't want it to be my first recourse. Or any recourse for that matter. We are big. They are small. What if, in a moment of anger, I missed where I was supposed to be slapping and damaged her in some way?
    The guilt alone would murder me.
    I would have failed as a parent and a human being.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast