View Poll Results: do u think its wize to add a negetive points to someones rep?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

45 55.56%
  • no

36 44.44%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reputation system - a suggestion

popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    It sounds good in principle but I imagine it is harder to execute. Rep points should be given out for trades and not necessarily free invites. A generous person who does giveaways will be noticed by the community and could be rewarded accordingly.

Perhaps the whole point of the rep system has been forgotten/misunderstood, but I think it should strictly be for trading and not free giveaways - especially if someone does the free giveaways just for a rep points!

Besides there would a shed load more spamming:

'Why did you give me negative rep?' blah, blah, blah.....

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    i like it

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercors View Post
    I like the idea, but I wouldn't substract negative points from positive ones.
    It would be more accurate if we could see both positive and negative points (and everyone should give a reason as to why they gave a negative point)

i think there should be neg points. Where you can see both negative and positive points. Its fair. The current system can be abuse aswell. I guarentee fake trades are carried out everyday. The big reason why Ebay has them both is to keep users honest....
    i think the people who are afraid are the people who would have neg rep points
    Proud Member of:

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    It would be more accurate if we could see both positive and negative points (and everyone should give a reason as to why they gave a negative point)

i think there should be neg points. Where you can see both negative and positive points. Its fair. The current system can be abuse aswell. I guarentee fake trades are carried out everyday. The big reason why Ebay has them both is to keep users honest....
    i think the people who are afraid are the people who would have neg rep points
    Good point, especially if you easily see what the rep points were for and that a comment has to be made for each +/- rep point given, so you can if its for spam, scamming, etc.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    kajoon's Avatar Panek Ota... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

i like the idea mate
    do u want me to change the question of the poll?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    i think thats a great idea becuase people wont post useless posts and will be afraid to break the rules

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i'm sure that some n00b will just put negative points to every one..

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    thats why someone will have to supervise on this system

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    There should be a limit of possible negative points that someone could give per day. You agree? That will prevent someone just spamming everyone with negative rep points.
    And also, +1 on that idea for both pos. and neg. rep points to be shown in the profile.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by kajoon View Post

i like the idea mate
    do u want me to change the question of the poll?
    Maybe you could use the ebay example in the question, so that people know exactly what you are talking about
    Something like "Do you think FST rep system should be based on ebay's one, allowing members to give both positive and negative points?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast