Thread: Trojan Removers/detectors

I recently discovered that i had sockets de troie + invalid tcp flags somewhere on my system.

I have norton 2003 installed and i update and run frequantly but it did/does not pick these up, the firewall is telling me that there is an intrusion but doesnt get rid of the prob!

Can somebody please tell me the best program/way to completly rid myself of these infections.

I also have had a horrible thought, is it possible for someone to post a version of norton that itself is infected with viruses on kazaa, i mean does norton scan its own program files?

most grateful 4 any help cheers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I have Anti-trojan watch installed and it seems to do it's thing without too much intrusion, Numbers are available for it.
    It's possible to alter files in an AV program or to setup a remote command to disable it. Norton corporate server can do this to a client to disable other AV programs like Macaffe and some firewalls if the client security is weak. If you just have corporate client installed and configured as a standalone then it shouldn't be a problem though.

Norton and PCCillin should both have downloadable programs to remove and repair infected files on their websites.
    I think Anti-trojan has a quarantine program built in. Just scan and follow the directions.

Anti-Trojan 5.5.420- overdays.net

If you have XP installed, search google for Socketlock by gibsons research. It closes exposed raw sockets which are a security risk in XP.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Geez knock on wood never had one. But I use Trojan Remover 5.06, NSW 2002, AVG free, AAW6 pro & Spybot SD. Probably why. GL.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The intrusions are likely to be either one of two things - Either a hacker has found one or more open ports on your computer to gain access to it, or you've picked up a trojan. Either way, they can be solved (I'd suggest you take both steps to be sure)

The first problem, the open ports, can easily be closed, but it's important that the unnecessary ones (that hackers regularly use) are closed. First call for stopping them is to get yourself a firewall - I recommend ZoneAlarm as (aside from that fact that it monitors net activity in & out of your system ) it can put many of them into Stealth mode - A lot of hackers just access unsecure computers in order to use them in DDOS attacks and get the computers to use by doing vast port scans. If your ports are in Stealth mode, then they "don't exist" - Very useful to repel most hackers except those who deliberately access your machine. It won't get all of the common-criminal ports though (main example is the NP&P port) - Check out www.grc.com for some online tests & tools to help you out there.

If it's a trojan, then note this right now before anything else - Viruses & trojans are very different. Viruses are programs which can automatically f*** your machine up, while trojans can allow a hacker access to manually f*** your machine up. Some AVs have been designed to take care of trojans before, but like many things haven't been that effective - Get a trojan scanner which is designed purely for trojans. I recommend Anti-Trojan 5.5 (for now) - www.anti-trojan.net for the evaluation program, search for Trinsic serials on Google to find the serial.

Hope they help (Down with viruses, spyware, adware, trojans and all the other crap there is )

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by zapjb@4 June 2003 - 01:00
    Geez knock on wood never had one. But I use Trojan Remover 5.06, NSW 2002, AVG free, AAW6 pro & Spybot SD. Probably why. GL.
    My anti-scum toolbox consists of Norton Antivirus 2002, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6 Professional, Anti-Trojan 5.5, and ZoneAlarm Pro. While we're on the subject, anything else you recommend?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    IMO a must is Spybot Search & Destroy. I use it more than AAW6pro.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Tauscan claims to find more trojans than any other program. and if you cant update the trojan definitions once a week like antivirus software, then its virtually useless.

Tauscan updates once or twice a weak. and if your on any other OS other than XP you can change your Product Key number and get a new 30 days for your shareware.