Originally posted by m8t+4 June 2003 - 06:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (m8t @ 4 June 2003 - 06:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
errr by the way guy&#39;s/gals it&#39;s not just the poor old Americans that don&#39;t share. it&#39;s universal &#33; i come from down under and it&#39;s just the same here.
regards
m8t [/b]
In Australia, there are ISPs which limit users to 5 GB of bandwidth a month or less...
They either leech or may end up with a bandwidth bill that looks like they&#39;re buying a new computer.<!--QuoteBegin--tyk
@4 June 2003 - 07:38
Sorry to side track from the topic, anyway &#39;cancel dl&#39; action may also due to Supernode jumping, a method which I employed sometimes, in hope for finding some source to download for the rare files which sit idling in my sharefolder for months.

Other time when theres only 1 uploading, the upload speed can read 1.07K which I don&#39;t understand as my upload Bandwidth is 256K, and after a while it just &#39;abort&#39;, which the user may see as &#39;cancel&#39;.
[/quote]If you cancel an upload -- they see "need more sources", "searching", or it may even continue downloading if other sources are sending that file to them.

On your end, a spontaneously failed upload shows up as "aborted" while one you cancelled shows up as "cancelled" -- however REDUCING your max uploads will cancel the current uploads if there&#39;s too many going. This is why people who&#39;ve run &#39;optimal bandwidth while idle&#39; see whole screens of cancelled uploads... and one of the many reasons why I HATE it.

If an upload is running slow for your connection and next-to-nothing else is going on -- it&#39;s probably a problem on the other end.