Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Need a good psu for <$120

  1. #1
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Hey, I need a good PSU for less than $120 that will support the ollowing hardware...

    2x WD Raptor HDD
    1 Maxtor HDD
    1 WD2500JS HDD
    Ge-force 7950GT
    Gigabyte 965p-ds3 mobo (24 pin)
    e6600 C2D
    1 optical drive

    Needs to have enough stability to be good for overclocking.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    He did say for less than $120, if spend a bit more and get that corsair though. Highly recommend it

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    He did say for less than $120, if spend a bit more and get that corsair though. Highly recommend it
    A classic example of the disparity between what one wants and what one needs.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Well, There is no dispute that I NEED a new PSU (See) But I also WANT one that has consistent power output. However, I can only AFFORD $120 at the most.

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Well, There is no dispute that I NEED a new PSU (See) But I also WANT one that has consistent power output. However, I can only AFFORD $120 at the most.
    That corsair is $114.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate. You can't scrounge up anything in order to get it?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Well, There is no dispute that I NEED a new PSU (See) But I also WANT one that has consistent power output. However, I can only AFFORD $120 at the most.
    That corsair is $114.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate. You can't scrounge up anything in order to get it?
    I guess I can put it on a credit card for now. However, I do want to try to get my money back for the old one.

    UPDATE* Well, I broke down and bought it. I just hope that's ALL that's wrong with my pc.
    Last edited by mbucari1; 04-20-2007 at 04:27 AM.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    UPDATE* Well, I broke down and bought it.
    This PSU shouldn't give you any problems.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    UPDATE* Well, I broke down and bought it.
    This PSU shouldn't give you any problems.
    Yeah, I hope not, but even more I hope that the old one didn't take any of my other hardware with it.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    I've personally built over 30 PCs using the Corsairs (probably 20 of the 520's and 10 of the 620's- including my personal machines) with absolutely no indication of a PSU related problem, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
    It's my favorite low end PSU.

    When you first install it, leave everything unhooked save the motherboard and vid card (if required) and POST the PC.
    Assuming all goes well- we'll keep our fingers crossed for you- connect the HDD and rePOST.
    Then the opticals.

    Bon chance.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •