Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe How Much Ps2 Owners Are In Denial

Well i had all 3 systems. I sold the GC and X-Box to my little bro for half the price i paid for them. I played many games on all 3 systems and i have come to this conclusion: All 3 suck compaired to a PC. I kept the Ps2 mainly to use as a DvD player (and to rent a game every once in a blue moon).

I will say this though, the ONLY thing the Xbox had going for it was better graphics. Even then it wasn't that big of a differance or that big of a deal. Even that it wasn't that big of a deal, i had madden for both the PS2 and Xbox and i would allways play madden on the Ps2 because the controls were better(much more imporant than graphics i must say).

The Xbox itself is utter crap.

At least the PS2 had 2 good things going for it: Better games and a better controller. All and all the PS2 sucks as well.

Just end this retarded topic and throw the Xbox in the garbage can were it belongs

The only person in denial here is the topic starter.

2. Games   -   #32
    Poster
    As good as the graphcis are on the x box the games that are out for the ps2 are better on the whole even though they may lack graqphical detaling

3. Games   -   #33
    Anyone who say the PS 2 is more advanced than Xbox is in denial but remember that the xBox came out nearly a year and a half after the PS 2.

The Xbox requires that you buy the remote to play DVD'S that half the reason you buy the thing both have 128bit graphic cability and both have digital optical sound.

True the xbox has the 4 player thing and built in ethernet not to mention the HD.

But for me the main thing is comfort if there is a more comfortable easier to use joystick than the PS joystick I haven't seen it.

All the really good games come out on both platforms eventually.

4. Games   -   #34
    It may seem like a crappy reason to not have a console, but I hate the xbox controller. Its even bigger than my old megadrive control pad!

5. Games   -   #35
    Xbox kicked ps2's ass in like this...
    - Xbox Graphics are EXCELLENT
    - Xbox has the most advanced Online gaming system. Xbox LIVE
    - Xbox's games have quality. PS2 has quanity.
    - Features...Xbox is coming out with XSN Sports and Xbox Music Mixer...and Xbox's DVD kit is much better than ps2's
    - and 5th Ps2 is just to damm old it needs to go into the retirement home with Saturan, N64, Gameboy Pocket, Genisis, Origninal Gameboy, NES, Super NES, Gameboy Color, and all the other Shitty sytems
    that is not a fact. i wouldnt call prettier graphics (like an extra bird in the sky or better reflection off football players helmets) quality.

6. Games   -   #36
    Originally posted by Kurdt Kobain@5 June 2003 - 17:53
    - Features...Xbox is coming out with XSN Sports and Xbox Music Mixer...and Xbox's DVD kit is much better than ps2's
    - and 5th Ps2 is just to damm old it needs to go into the retirement home with Saturan, N64, Gameboy Pocket, Genisis, Origninal Gameboy, NES, Super NES, Gameboy Color, and all the other Shitty sytems
    that is not a fact. i wouldnt call prettier graphics (like an extra bird in the sky or better reflection off football players helmets) quality.
    then get an atari

7. Games   -   #37
    Originally posted by terfdurkel@5 June 2003 - 15:58
    It may seem like a crappy reason to not have a console, but I hate the xbox controller. Its even bigger than my old megadrive control pad!
    another denial escuse, controller was conformed to people's likes in tests, when does a controller need to be smaller. I guess people can play better when everything is really small and tiny

8. Games   -   #38
    Originally posted by THE DUDE@5 June 2003 - 15:21
    Anyone who say the PS 2 is more advanced than Xbox is in denial but remember that the xBox came out nearly a year and a half after the PS 2.

The Xbox requires that you buy the remote to play DVD'S that half the reason you buy the thing both have 128bit graphic cability and both have digital optical sound.

True the xbox has the 4 player thing and built in ethernet not to mention the HD.

But for me the main thing is comfort if there is a more comfortable easier to use joystick than the PS joystick I haven't seen it.

All the really good games come out on both platforms eventually.
    Lets remember you have to buy a $30 8mb storage card for the PS2. Xbox gives you unlimited space for memory.

9. Games   -   #39
    Originally posted by Bait Master@5 June 2003 - 07:50
    Well i had all 3 systems. I sold the GC and X-Box to my little bro for half the price i paid for them. I played many games on all 3 systems and i have come to this conclusion: All 3 suck compaired to a PC. I kept the Ps2 mainly to use as a DvD player (and to rent a game every once in a blue moon).

I will say this though, the ONLY thing the Xbox had going for it was better graphics. Even then it wasn't that big of a differance or that big of a deal. Even that it wasn't that big of a deal, i had madden for both the PS2 and Xbox and i would allways play madden on the Ps2 because the controls were better(much more imporant than graphics i must say).

The Xbox itself is utter crap.

At least the PS2 had 2 good things going for it: Better games and a better controller. All and all the PS2 sucks as well.

Just end this retarded topic and throw the Xbox in the garbage can were it belongs

The only person in denial here is the topic starter.
    I guess a built in 8GB HD and ethernet plugin and better graphics and 4 controller ports aren't anything going for it huh?
    If you don't care about the graphics then why do you own a PS2. Get an Atari or some old PC with great games of all time.

And to an early post about buying a PS2 and not wanting to go drop $300 on an Xbox. I never said there was anything wrong with you. I owned a PS2 and would still own it if I never heard about the Xbox in the 30 days grace period after I bought this. This place is just about bashing lame escuses PS2 owners are making about why they prefer the Xbox over the PS2. I could care less about a person just saying they have a PS2 just because they prefer it. But to justify that reason with lies is what pisses me off.

10. Games   -   #40

then get an atari
    what i was saying is, ps2 graphics are goo enough, you dont need more realistic grass, or some more polygons for someones nose.

Originally posted by terfdurkel@5 June 2003 - 15:58
    another denial escuse, controller was conformed to people's likes in tests, when does a controller need to be smaller. I guess people can play better when everything is really small and tiny

a controller doesnt need to be small, it needs to be comfortable

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast