Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe How Much Ps2 Owners Are In Denial

Poster
    LOL..News flash- you can hook up ATI and Geforce Cards to the TV(its not excally a point)! I hook mine up to 40" HD TV and it looks tight! And gameboy, i hardly call my post about PC's bashing consoles , i just personally like PC. But to each his own, i guess.

2. Games   -   #52
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I have hooked up my PC to the TV but it's no better than my GC.
    Hey Xilo answer this
    If I gave you a game and you had a Xbox and PS2.

What system do you think it would be best on?

Xilo your right the PS2 does have waaaay more quality titles that's why I spend the most time on it. The system itself IS inferior. IT JUST IS. Any new game on all systems gets bought for Xbox.
    It's the only logical choice for a person with all the systems.
    Now I recommend that if a person likes specific exclusives get the system that has those exclusives. Xbox users talk about Halo for good reason but.....
    Xbox bashers leave out the fact that ANY game on all 3 systems IS BEST ON XBOX.(except Need For Speed Hot Pursuit)
    SIMPLE LOGIC IT HAS THE:
    BEST GRAPHICS
    BEST ONLINE
    HARD DRIVE FOR SAVES, LEVELS, CHARACTERS, ETC.
    WOULDN'T LIKE A GAME ON THIS SYSTEM THE BEST

SIMPLE LOGIC IF YOU WANT:
    GTA III OR VICE CITY
    SOCOM
    DEVIL MAY CRY,ETC GET A PS2

SIMPLE LOGIC IF YOU WANT:
    RESIDENT EVIL 0,AND REMAKE
    METROID PRIME
    SUPER MARIO
    AND STUFF LIKE PIKMIN OR ANIMAL CROSSING GET A GC

I like all the systems including Dreamcast and PC. But PS2 is Microsoft of gaming. Only thing is Windows is the best OS right NOW and no one besides Apple has shown anything better. Windows is already on 96% of computers and everyone is used to it. I personally wouldn't switch(sorry Apple).
    Sony like Microsoft has used excellent marketing and backward compatiblity to ensure it's user base. Therefore more 'software' is made for it. The difference is some of that software is also made for competing systems and is better on those systems (Xbox, GC, AND Dreamcast). Another analogy is Sony is like Iomega. The Zip Drive had cornered the market on removable storage but it wasn't the best or most cost effective. They had excelent marketing.

I hope Nintendo changes it's management. Besides the NES and Super NES, they have gone downhill marketing wise. If you remember they were supposed to parter with Sony on a hybrid system then pulled out. They then unleashed a monster when Sony came with the PS1. Then these boneheads come with a cartridge based system, the N64, which can't have the same graphics capability and cost more .Now here's the GC lacking DVD and virtually no online support when everyone else is asking for it. HORRIBLE MARKETING. Yes on the N64 and GC they have good games but look at Sony. Good games ain't all there is. GC is extinct in certain retail stores already. Even back in N64 time you had flamers talking about "but N64 is quality over quantity" but as a consumer what do I care. The more games you got the better chance of quality games there will be.

I guarantee you this. If Sony comes out with PS3 and it is NOT backward compatible and the Xbox 2 (or whatever) comes near the same time. Microsoft will demolish it. At this backward compatibility and name recognition is the only edge it has. Count on Nintendo to make another dumbass move that will take themselves out of contention. That is all!!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Games   -   #53
    there's nothing really "wrong" with ps2, its just that if you have 2 systems that are the same price, xbox and ps2, and one is newer and more powerfull with more features and will not be replaced very soon, which would you choose? if you've had a ps2 before xbox and gamecube came out thats cool, but whats the point in getting it after xbox and gc's release? that'd be like if you saw 2 cars that are 10,000 dollars, but one's a saleen mustang and the others just a mustang. and of course ps2 has more games, its been out longer...duh. now that people see the power of the x, its all starting to go microsofts way. I came really close to getting a ps2, then i saw a magazine talking about microsoft making a system, and i decided to wait. it was the best decision i ever made on videogames....besides buying a ps1 over a sega saturn.

4. Games   -   #54
    If I gave you a game and you had a Xbox and PS2.
    Depends which one had more features. Some games on the Xbox have more features then the same game on the PS2 or GameCube and some games on the PS2 have more features then the same game on the Xbox or GameCube. My main reason for getting a PS2 and using it the most is because 1) I have a crap load of PS1 games that are still fun to play 2) I love RPGs and Sony's consoles are the home of RPGs 3) There are still plenty of good titles and series that are exlusive to the PS2. Xbox and GameCube owners may sometimes get more features but PS2 owners get most of the games first that are ported to other consoles so it's a bit of a trade off. And btw FrStyleKing, not every single game in existance is available on every console. So depending on what types of games you like, that can also warrant what console you chose. For example: PS2 has RPGs, GameCube has originality. Xbox has FPS. It's just whatever floats your boat.

The Sega Saturn was awesome though. I loved playing Nights Into Dreams and some other games on it . Too bad I went and sold it and all my games . Btw if anyone has or knows where to find an iso of Nights Into Dreams, give me a hollar. I loved that game, I'd do anything to get the iso

5. Games   -   #55
    I eventually did get a sega saturn, but not until the price was almost nothing. I had nights something....cant remember what it was exactly, i just know it was nights. virtua cop, world series baseball 98 (really good baseball game...i'd play that if there was a saturn emulator) and virtua fighter. I also recently discoverd i had Solid Snake or somthing like that, one of the first metal gear games released on NES.

Yea you're right about that. The console you buy does relate to your taste in games.

6. Games   -   #56
    Ya, it was Nights Into Dreams (I think that was the full name, I dunno been forever). It was when the new controller came out (the one the Dreamcast controller is based on). I remember going to the store and having my mom getting it when it first came out. It was $70 then . I loved that game... I wonder if Sega will remake that game seeing as how they are bringing back really old games like Vectorman from Sega Genesis.

7. Games   -   #57
    double post

8. Games   -   #58
    Jayhawk
    this post is still around i figured it would get closed cause of the flaming....

why dont people just let it go cause its personal opinion i mean you have your favorites and your not so favorites everyone is gonna have a different opinion

9. Games   -   #59
    I want one of those Yoshi consoles that that guy made where he took everything out of his pc and took apart an xbox, ps2, gamecube, and an atari or something and put it all back in the pc case and stuff. he customized it so it pretty much looked stock to.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/superge...3381725,00.html

10. Games   -   #60
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I still play my Namco Museum and Atari Classics games from PS1. NiGHTS was an awesome game. You've got me thinking about getting a Saturn again. I keep thinking they bring the game out on a current system though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast