Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe How Much Ps2 Owners Are In Denial

Originally posted by Xilo@22 June 2003 - 16:27
    Graphics and hardware specs DO NOT make a system. A library full of good, quality games is what makes or breaks a system and that is what the PS2 has.
    good god. it took 9 pages of complete retardedness before someone could say something so obvious, that makes so much sense? a powerful system without good games is like a sports car without a good road to drive it on... you can brag all you want to your neighbor about how much you paid and how much horsepower it has, but if you can only ever drive it to the supermarket to buy milk then you got ripped off.

so... yeah... powerful hardware is just a pile of crap if the software sucks. *ahem*DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball*ahem*

2. Games   -   #62
    *clears throat* I am a PS2 freak.. uhh.. and a gamcube, ps1 and xbox freak as well.. and I'm not ashamed to say it.

the DOA extreme beach volleyball is a great game

3. Games   -   #63
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Never played it. And I neither has 3rainiac I bet.
    But oh god it has been said before 3rainiac.
    All the systems have good 'software'.
    Hell every game made for all the systems is better on Xbox then GC then PS2.
    So 3rainiac you can stop buttering Xilo's balls. There was no revelation.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #64
    Jayhawk
    Originally posted by FrStyleKing@23 June 2003 - 00:14
    I want one of those Yoshi consoles that that guy made where he took everything out of his pc and took apart an xbox, ps2, gamecube, and an atari or something and put it all back in the pc case and stuff. he customized it so it pretty much looked stock to.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/superge...3381725,00.html
    that is pretty cool

5. Games   -   #65
    Originally posted by Just Plain Raze-+23 June 2003 - 01:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Just Plain Raze- &#064; 23 June 2003 - 01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the DOA extreme beach volleyball is a great game [/b]

there&#39;s no such thing as a great DOA game. that would be an oxymoron.

<!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @23 June 2003 - 02:25

So 3rainiac you can stop buttering Xilo&#39;s balls. There was no revelation.
    [/quote]
    bill gates just called. he said to tell you to quit jocking him so hard. and there&#39;s no need to put "software" in quotes like it&#39;s some totally crazy term i made up. games = software. bill gates prolly should&#39;ve explained that to you while you were all over his nuts.

6. Games   -   #66
    Where&#39;d you get that. I play PS2 more than Xbox (as I&#39;ve said b4). I play all the systems though and when I play a game on Xbox that&#39;s on other systems also, it&#39;s better on Xbox. Folks that jock hard are ones that can&#39;t get that some systems are better for certain things than others. simple (even their cherished systems that they go to bed with). If PS3 comes b4 the next Xbox it will better than the X and I&#39;ll say the same thing about PS3 games. Then I&#39;ll get an Xbox blowhard saying what your&#39;re saying. You guys kill me .

Play what&#39;s best for the best and leave the rest.
    Answer the question?
    If you had all the systems and could get a game that&#39;s on all 3 systems which system would you get it for?

The gameplay is the same,there are no extra levels.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #67
    Originally posted by Busyman@24 June 2003 - 15:50
    If you had all the systems and could get a game that&#39;s on all 3 systems which system would you get it for?
    the easy answer, and prolly the one you&#39;re fishing for, would be "the one with the best graphics."

but if i read a bunch of reviews that say the control scheme or the responsiveness on the best looking one are worse, i might settle for the one with worse graphics. if the better looking one were 20 bucks more than the worse looking one, i might consider that.

"the gameplay is the same" isn&#39;t always an assumption you can make, because it can be awfully tricky for programmers to reproduce the exact same experience across platforms. i&#39;m sure there have been plenty of games where the controls were great on one console&#39;s version and sucked on another&#39;s... or in the case of a series like resident evil, the controls suck no matter what system it&#39;s on.

i fully agree that xbox is a more powerful console than ps2, and that the graphics are nicer, cleaner and more complex. but i don&#39;t agree that just because splinter cell or enter the matrix looks best on xbox, it&#39;s proof that xbox is a superior system. that&#39;s based on two problems: A] the selection of exclusive software is what distinguishes the system, B] there&#39;s the problem of the "quickie port." i&#39;m sure most people have some experience with quickie ports... where a game is spectacular on the system it was designed for, and then some no-name developer (or a notorious shovelware publisher like Acclaim) converts it to another system and it ends up looking like crap, playing like crap, and just showing all the signs of being a quickie conversion that didn&#39;t have the proper effort put into it.

the quickie port is the drawback to the PCs-r-better-than-consoles-&#39;cuz-teh-grafx-r-better argument, and that&#39;s the drawback to the Xbox-is-better-than-PS2-just-because-of-graphics argument. if some PC guy says playstation 2 sucks because the ps2 version of Max Payne is worse than the PC original, does that hold much water? or if a PC guy says Xbox sucks because Return To Wolfenstein is better on PC? you have to compare the best of one system vs. the best of another, not the best of one system vs. the probably rushed low-budget conversion to another.

i haven&#39;t even stated a preference for one system or the other, i&#39;m just saying that the reasoning behind the argument is poor. it&#39;s like the Mac vs PC debate, where everyone goes "well, PC has 3ghz CPUs and GeForce FX blah blah blah, so it&#39;s automatically better." nonsense. the better one is the one that does what you want it to do, the way you want it done.

8. Games   -   #68
    There is only 1 game that sucks on the X that the others have as well. Just 1.

What&#39;s your answer now?
    All of the games I played on multiple systems (the big 3) have the same control scheme. So what now.
    The obvious answer IS in front of you.
    I&#39;m not in any way trying to tell people to ditch their respective systems.
    The PS2 has most of the good games. OK. Do I want to play games on the PS2. No.
    Do I have a choice.

Unfortunately...no
    Why it not the BEST to play them on.
    USB 1.0 or Firewire. Which was better? Firewire. Did most people know that? No. Why? Marketing. USB had bigger balls backing them thus became more ubiquitous. Firewire became a niche product mostly for digital cameras. When at the time it was faster than USB. PS2 is the same way. It pains me that Castlevania won&#39;t be coming to the X. It still looks great but.... it could be better.

Hey you buy Splinter Cell for the PS2,I&#39;ll buy it for Xbox.
    You get easier game, an extra easy level (power plant)
    I&#39;ll get the Kola Cell level, a harder game, and way better graphics.
    and uhhhh... they play the same except for difficulty
    other "ports"
    Spiderman
    Baldur&#39;s Gate Dark Alliance
    Star Wars Jedi Outcast
    Clone Wars
    Mech Assault
    007 Nightfire
    Spy Hunter
    they just keep coming I can&#39;t name all the ports but any one I can think of
    is better so where should my &#036;50 go

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #69
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Sorry guys, Most of you know me and You know that I usually don&#39;t get to angry, I&#39;m a nice, 17 year old guy. I have a girlfriend and I eat pizza and vacum my floor. There&#39;s only one thing I&#39;d like to say about the information I just said, and this topic....

Let me clear something up for you all&#33; NO ONE CARES FOR EACH OF YOUR OPINIONS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t express how much anger and annoynce I am from your posts. GROW UP FOOLS&#33; I know this I&#39;m not suppossed to come in here and say this crap but someone needs too. This shit has been going on in this forum forever&#33;&#33;&#33; IT WILL STILL GO ON WITH PS3 and the next xbox, nintendo. There will always be a number one system that has better hardware than the others. As that system gets more games a new system comes with better hardware. That one has better stuff but not as much games since the previous console was there first. YOU HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS BABBLING ON ABOUT THIS THAT THIS THAT SHUT UP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I don&#39;t really care if most of you hate me after this. Hate me if you want. I&#39;m not going to continue on a argument. NO MORE OF THESE TOPICS. It was ok for this one but if anymore of you IDIOTS starts another one of these topics unless its to talk about how nice these new systems are going to be, or interesting stuff on how a guy put all systems into a computer (witch I think is bad ass ) I&#39;m personally going to come to your house, EAT A BIG BOWL OF CHILI, and come USE YOUR SHITTER. You may not think thats a very bad punishment but belive me when I say: It smells like I ate road kill, shit that out, stir that in a blender with dead possim, and deer guts, ate that raw, then shit that and repeated the process 10 times untill the smell was ready. I want to say to you all what you want to say about my lame ass jokes....WHO CARES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

STOP IT....NO MORE .....

I said no more posts&#33;

.Don&#39;t even think about it....We have all said are opinions and we all know we don&#39;t like each others ones, so dont read here anymore&#33; Stop complaning. The facts have been stated now go to hell&#33;

LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS. PLAY NICE.

AND REMEMBER IF YOU ASK ME IF YOU CAN POST ANOTHER ONE OF THESE POSTS, I"LL SAY:

10. Games   -   #70
    Originally posted by Busyman@24 June 2003 - 21:28
    USB 1.0 or Firewire. Which was better? Firewire. Did most people know that? No. Why? Marketing. USB had bigger balls backing them thus became more ubiquitous. Firewire became a niche product mostly for digital cameras. When at the time it was faster than USB.
    spurious argument. USB 1.0/1.1 became the low-bandwidth standard because it costs basically nothing to manufacture and install, compared to Firewire. why in the world would companies spend extra money on every single computer to install Firewire controller chips, just so joe average can plug his mouse into it? Firewire is a niche product because high bandwidth peripherals are a niche product. and Firewire *is* currently beating the tar out of USB 2 in terms of popularity.

you&#39;re trying to make a VHS vs Betamax comparison, but it doesn&#39;t apply.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast