Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enter The Matrix

Just decided to post this after purchasing 'Enter the Matrix' on Xbox, playing for around 4/5 hrs and then back to the store for a refund. What a major letdown this game was (and they say the Xbox game was the best version?!?). And to all those people who say 'well if u like the movies you'll luv the game' i say 'bullshit'. i rate the first 2 movies as something special, but still thought the game was pants...
    Wonderin' what other users thought of this game after all the Hype!!!

Despite a budget in the tens of millions of dollars, Enter The Matrix is not a technological marvel. In fact, it's downright ugly. The character models look alright, but they inhabit a world that is awash with drab colors, covered in dingy textures, and filled with example after example of corner-cutting shoddiness. When outdoors, don't bother looking up; There won't be a sky. When you're told to look for a flashlight under a bridge, all you'll find is a gun; I guess there was no time left to create a simple flashlight model. The framerate does a better job than I expected of staying at 60, but still drops frames with regularity. (More are dropped when running in the game's widescreen 1080i mode.) Most amateurish of all is the character animation, which looks downright ridiculous at times; The heroes' running animations are particularly absurd. If I were an animator at Shiny, I'd make it a point to remove all traces of Enter The Matrix from my resume.
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

2. Games   -   #2
    I haven't played the game but after seeing the trailer for it. I agree that it doesn't look very good. The graphics are about 1-2 years old. I'd even go as far to say that deus ex looked better and thats 4 years old!!

The only selling point is the background you get on the movies

3. Games   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    most movie spin-off games are shit, i havnt played this one but have heard a lot of good reports about it

4. Games   -   #4
    In reply to both questions, firstly yeah bar the character animations (which r still a little glitchy) the rest of the game looks sooooo dated, WHY? think of the money this project must have had thrown at it (warner bros/watchowski bros.) OK granted their was pressure on the creators 'Shiny' to rush the project out to tie in with the movies release but jeez was there any playtesting done on this game, buggy, dont get me started. I know its only a friggin game but when you've got a Massive licence like 'the matrix' in ya hands you pull out all the stops on it....

5. Games   -   #5
    Did any one notice how the car escape level after getting the package seemed a little weird when Niobi keeps running into walls. Seemed very glitchy to me

6. Games   -   #6
    The glitches were everywhere (xbox version). Enemies running into walls and keep running, enemies stood inside office desks?!?, enemies getting kicked about when ya making no contact with them, etc etc........
    Like i said before the Xbox version is meant to be the most Glitch-Free (so feel pity on the PS2/Gamecube owners). Y'know Shiny entertainment had the rights to a 'matrix' title a fair few years back, when the 1st movie came out and this is the tripe they came up with. Give the job to Bungie or Ubisoft next time and let them finish the job!!!

Oh and one more thing if you r thinkin' of purchasing the xbox version (sucka) just read this article and keep ya money.....

http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/may03/matri...box/index.shtml

7. Games   -   #7
    I thought it was really crappy, but i didn't expect it to be good so i wasn't disapointed...I say get the matrix mods for max payne instead...they are alot better.

8. Games   -   #8
    Like ya said get the matrix mods 4 'max payne', much better. The one redeeming factor of the matrix game is the 'bullet time' but hmmm aint we seen that before with master Payne!! if the matrix game had come before that then the WOW value would have been a lot greater, but now its a case of 'seen it,done it'...

9. Games   -   #9
    i like ETM and max payne but payne just gives me a headache for some reason

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@4 June 2003 - 19:27
    The glitches were everywhere (xbox version). Enemies running into walls and keep running, enemies stood inside office desks?!?, enemies getting kicked about when ya making no contact with them, etc etc........
    Like i said before the Xbox version is meant to be the most Glitch-Free (so feel pity on the PS2/Gamecube owners). Y'know Shiny entertainment had the rights to a 'matrix' title a fair few years back, when the 1st movie came out and this is the tripe they came up with. Give the job to Bungie or Ubisoft next time and let them finish the job!!!

Oh and one more thing if you r thinkin' of purchasing the xbox version (sucka) just read this article and keep ya money.....

http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/may03/matri...box/index.shtml
    Gamespy - "If you simply must have one version, go with Xbox. It has the best overall framerate and the most progressive scan options."
    I guess you didn't read the article to well. And the game is just a piece of shit no matter what system it was made on. But don't expect it to be better on the PS2 or Gamecube.

Here's the review for the PS2.
    Gamespy - "The Lowdown: PS2 owners get the worst console version of a weak game. "

Here's the review for the GC.
    "The Lowdown: Once again, awesome movies translate into a mediocre action game. "

And The PC
    Gamespy - "The Lowdown: It has some value for Matrix fans, but as a video game, the PC version of Enter The Matrix is the worst of a mediocre lot. "

I don't know what this guys agenda is but it seems he is trying to discredit the Xbox by not giving the whole info. I don't suggust this game to anyone unless you can play it for free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast