Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Post People You Suspect R Spies

Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    yes, i'm american and yes that is a very offensive term to refer to someone, and before you start throwing out fit of rage, please understand that not everything can be seen from your point of view, take for example if you were russian, now in the area of my upbringing which is sadly still stuck in the 50's, you would be labeled a communist out to destroy america. just because i disagree with you doesn't mean i'm flipping my lid, just disagreeing with you, and trying to show you that that is a derogatory remark.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

2. Lounge   -   #122
    Poster
    I asked if you were american as it is invariably the Americans

that react in a totally over the top manner whenever they feel threatened or insulted. Other nationalities tend to think a little more about the context before commiting themselves to outrage.

and before you go on again I was using the British meaning of redneck which is an out of control American with too many guns.

In Example, George D. Bush

And in the context I used it I was refering to any gun toating/violent fool.

thats as far as i'm going to explain myself if you don't like it then I suggest you refer to your constitution.

3. Lounge   -   #123
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    That's what I love about Americans.

We're so invariable.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Lounge   -   #124
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    i understand that it may have a different meaning to you, but, where i live the meaning is totally different. the stereotype of a redneck here is an uneducated hick, who hates homosexuals, blacks, whoever is different from them, and has a penchent for marrying their sisters and having large inbred families. slighty different.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

5. Lounge   -   #125
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@5 June 2003 - 14:27
    That's what I love about Americans.

We're so invariable.
    You could also use
    Inflexable,
    Stubborn,
    Argumentitive,
    Intrenched,

6. Lounge   -   #126
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tikibonbon@5 June 2003 - 14:28
    i understand that it may have a different meaning to you, but, where i live the meaning is totally different. the stereotype of a redneck here is an uneducated hick, who hates homosexuals, blacks, whoever is different from them, and has a penchent for marrying their sisters and having large inbred families. slighty different.
    Like I said if you keep taking things completely out of proportion and context then you will still have an argument.
    And you Have.

Also I think you uphold a far worse stereotype of redneck than any I have even hinted at here
    Maybe I hit a nerve that's why you complain too much
    I mean you seem to know of which you speak.

7. Lounge   -   #127
    Poster
    why is it when ever you met any American on these boards you go into a political arguement. Its like this danm board is ran by Europe. If you even think the US is good and Bush you get flamed by 50 Europeans. This is making Europes people look really snobbish. And you know the sterotype about the UK being uptight and snobbish. I really try to think its just a steotype , but seems that Europe is braimwashed into thinking the US and Europe are two different culturs *mp* in some big War. Where the hell did you think the US came from. AFGANASTAN?. Its like some Rasism of Americans on this board. GROW UP! it's like we can't have a godanm opinion anymore

8. Lounge   -   #128
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Neil__+5 June 2003 - 07:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neil__ @ 5 June 2003 - 07:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--clocker@5 June 2003 - 14:27
    That&#39;s what I love about Americans.

We&#39;re so invariable.
    You could also use
    Inflexable,
    Stubborn,
    Argumentitive,
    Intrenched, [/b][/quote]
    You might also add:

Abel to spell
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Lounge   -   #129
    Poster
    I have no contacs in. Way to cheap shot also. I guess talking to snobs results in these.

10. Lounge   -   #130
    Poster
    I&#39;m not getting into this smells too much like some sort of agenda going on.