Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Concerns about new secret trackers

Cerise's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    too long to be honnest :|

2. BitTorrent   -   #122
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerise View Post

Me or this thread?
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. BitTorrent   -   #123
    StarBoy69's Avatar Eh?! BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerise View Post

Me or this thread?
    Yeah you!

4. BitTorrent   -   #124
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    its only 12 inches jeez is that too long?

5. BitTorrent   -   #125
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    Although i think that the thread has alot of positive points liked the big advertisments on what's supposed to be asecret tracker but it seems that it has turned to be an attack on the new trackers (RTS,SCN or even torrentit)

These Trackers either have started afew days ago like RTS (around 4 days i think) or is going to start in 2 days like (SCN) or in acouple of weeks like (TiT)

None of these trackers will begin to be the best because that takes time but u can feel the hard work of these trackers aiming to be good trackers

I am amember at RTS and SCN and i know some of the staff there and i know that they are working hard to move their tracker up to be one of the best

Regarding RTS and as amember there i really enjoyed their packs very well and their forums there is too much active and yesterday they beated sct pre time in acouple of torrents

They still needs alot of improvemnet because their 0-day stuff isn't really that good but their packs are awesome and from what i heard they are trying to reach 1000 torrents in 2 weeks which is an awesome quantity in my opinion

and For The security i saw that they made an announcement yesterday that they will be moving to NL

and for the rarity thing and the words that they wanna be ranked at the top by not allowing trades ,i don't think that might be true atm because for them to be ranked it's gonna take awhile and i saw plenty of giveaways flowing in the invites section and all of us were given 10 invites to send so if they cared about rarity they wouldn't have given invites and ask people to giveaway them

I think all these new trackers needs time to see what they will become,if they become good trackers then that would be an addition to the current trackers available and if they turned to be bad then they will be forgotten soon

and for those who are saying that the tracker may have security issues then why don't u pm their sysop and tell him what u found but i think instead of trying to talk about security problems in this new trackers u should look at your tracker first and try to improve your shitty speeds and fix your holes especially because some of the trackers u r running were hacked before

Give the new trackers time and let's see what will happen

6. BitTorrent   -   #126
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post

and for those who are saying that the tracker may have security issues then why don't u pm their sysop and tell him what u found but i think instead of trying to talk about security problems in this new trackers u should look at your tracker first and try to improve your shitty speeds and fix your holes especially because some of the trackers u r running were hacked before

Well my friend it doesn't work this way. People who discovered security holes could notify a sysop BUT any help to members who signed-up without knowing about security holes, is highly appreciated.

If you notify a sysop, how would you know if and when they will find/fix the holes?

At least if you notify simple members, you are helping them at least to be cautioned, notified of the danger of U.S. hosting, especially if they are U.S. citizens.

7. BitTorrent   -   #127
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Although i think that the thread has alot of positive points liked the big advertisments on what's supposed to be asecret tracker but it seems that it has turned to be an attack on the new trackers (RTS,SCN or even torrentit)

These Trackers either have started afew days ago like RTS (around 4 days i think) or is going to start in 2 days like (SCN) or in acouple of weeks like (TiT)

None of these trackers will begin to be the best because that takes time but u can feel the hard work of these trackers aiming to be good trackers

I am amember at RTS and SCN and i know some of the staff there and i know that they are working hard to move their tracker up to be one of the best

Regarding RTS and as amember there i really enjoyed their packs very well and their forums there is too much active and yesterday they beated sct pre time in acouple of torrents

They still needs alot of improvemnet because their 0-day stuff isn't really that good but their packs are awesome and from what i heard they are trying to reach 1000 torrents in 2 weeks which is an awesome quantity in my opinion

and For The security i saw that they made an announcement yesterday that they will be moving to NL

and for the rarity thing and the words that they wanna be ranked at the top by not allowing trades ,i don't think that might be true atm because for them to be ranked it's gonna take awhile and i saw plenty of giveaways flowing in the invites section and all of us were given 10 invites to send so if they cared about rarity they wouldn't have given invites and ask people to giveaway them

I think all these new trackers needs time to see what they will become,if they become good trackers then that would be an addition to the current trackers available and if they turned to be bad then they will be forgotten soon

Give the new trackers time and let's see what will happen

Please dont put TiT in with RTS and SCN. TiT will not have any problem making a great tracker. The staff/coder/uploaders for the most part will all be back. TiT i am sure will be one of the best sites again with in a month of opening the doors. They already have a great member base just waiting to get back in.

RTS nad SCN are both unproven and there staff unproven. Now i am not saying they wont be good or a great site but its going to take them a hell of a long time.

Plus i feel 1 of the 2 new trackers RTS and or SCN will fail and close up shop. Based on how some of them are already started.

Quote Originally Posted by sert View Post

Well my friend it doesn't work this way. People who discovered security holes could notify a sysop BUT any help to members who signed-up without knowing about security holes, is highly appreciated.

If you notify a sysop, how would you know if and when they will find/fix the holes?

At least if you notify simple members, you are helping them at least to be cautioned, notified of the danger of U.S. hosting, especially if they are U.S. citizens.

Well most of the holes in there code can be fixed by reading a thread in tbdev. not all but most holes. They just did not plan this out very good and rushed to open the doors. Which i think will end up in failure. But thats just what i think.

Wild
    Last edited by wildbytes; 04-25-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #128
    In reguards to the trackers being hacked... Can you name 1 site that hasnt been hacked at 1 point?

SCT was hacked.
    TL was hacked.
    Hell even Jaits site was hacked. (Contrary to what they may tell you.)

All these sites being hacked is what acctually made me point out some of the issues both sites had. Ive been there and done that. When alot of the currently existing sites were hacked there wasnt as much available knowledge at our disposal about how to prevent these.
    I know alot of coders over look simple things (Myself included) which is why its always good to get a 2nd opinion to seeing if the source is secure or not.

As far as beating SCT pres. Anyone can do that. Ill say this again. It all depends which site has an active uploaders watching whats pre'ing. Whoever jumps the gun first gets the file first. But in any case SCT pre times havent been all that great lately. They could easily have just downloaded the file off TL or anywhere else and beating SCT pre on a few particular files. No 1 site beats every other site all the time.

9. BitTorrent   -   #129
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    Please dont put TiT in with RTS and SCN. TiT will not have any problem making a great tracker. The staff/coder/uploaders for the most part will all be back. TiT i am sure will be one of the best sites again with in a month of opening the doors. They already have a great member base just waiting to get back in.
    Wild
    TiT is coming back?! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'll be one of them folks waiting for TiT to open again.. those guys were the best. Their community and content were awesome! Ah.. I wish the old times will be relived again..

Sorry for the offtopic post btw, I had to jump up and down.. you guys go on with your bitching and bickering! This thread is so fun..

10. BitTorrent   -   #130
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    Wild
    TiT is coming back?! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I'll be one of them folks waiting for TiT to open again.. those guys were the best. Their community and content were awesome! Ah.. I wish the old times will be relived again..

Sorry for the offtopic post btw, I had to jump up and down.. you guys go on with your bitching and bickering! This thread is so fun..
    Where you been bro? Sleeping? There are several threads withthe TiT info for ya.

OK someone start some crap, cause I am bored this morning and I don't have the energy yet.