Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about new secret trackers

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    you can't tell how good a tracker is until a couple of months have passed anyway, the secret trackers know they need a big push to get them going to begin with. @ shadowfire you said
    parading around the BT Invites forum telling users not to trade them?

i have'nt seen this can you post a link to that? and you can't make people not trade, you can only try to stop it by...well you know.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I agree about the over-hype but I guess they need actual users in the end..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yeah they do. When will the regular users without 100mb servers be able to get in.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    or even crappy leeware users....???

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Yeah they do. When will the regular users without 100mb servers be able to get in.

I am guessing they will do it once they find some uploaders that have access and fixs there code.

Wild

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    zehsay's Avatar trance lover BT Rep: +3
    What is the WIAW thread?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by yashez View Post
    What is the WIAW thread?
    What Invites Are Worth. You need to be able to access the invite section to read it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Staff have apparently warned against any and all invite trading of these secret sites. That's excellent in terms of recruiting only great sharers, but why must you go parading around the BT Invites forum telling users not to trade them? The BT Invites forum is a trading spot for traders to trade invites for all assorted trackers
    The paradox is so evident. Most, if not all, of the recruiting was made in the invite forum. Staff and users are mostly traders. Asking them not to trade invites is kind of surreal. Just like that thread when someone was trying to trade the other rts (if you believe him). What makes anyone think that these users wont jump ship as soon as somebody offers them sct or ftn? Or the site eventually doesnt live up to expectations.

I dont doubt that this might become a very good tracker. But the starting premisses are all wrong. The speed issue, the userbase selection, the over-hyping. It really looks like it's aimed at something other than making a great tracker. All seems so artificial. Looks truely built for the WIAW, which is the worst indication possible. I really hope i'm wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    walczanin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post

But the starting premisses are all wrong. The speed issue, the userbase selection, the over-hyping. It really looks like it's aimed at something other than making a great tracker. Looks truely built for the WIAW, which is the worst indication possible.

kinda true

lets see what future brings

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast