Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Blair Face Consequenses

jetje's Avatar former star
    For lying and cheating to their own parlements and all the citizens of the world about the danger thread Iraq was according to them?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Personally, my opinion is that if Blair doesn't get lynched by the public in the near future it will bite him in the arse come the next general election. Then again, considering the "opposition" (IDS - In Deep S**t ), I'm guessing those same elections will be a shambles. It'll look to be an election where Lib Dem gets into power again.

As for Bush, god knows when - Hopefully Russia or whoever else assassinates the guy because I can't see him facing international retribution on the political stage. Unless the UN regains their balls and force Bush with/without Blair to face the War Crimes Courts, Dumbya's likely to get away scot free. Which IMO pisses me off, but that's just my opinion.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Surely Illuminati, you aren't advocating assassination as the method of choice for the angry?

Bush faces re-election in 2004. We'll see what happens.
    Were he to be killed, any faults/sins/screwups would be glossed over and forgotten in the process of his canonization. And if you think America has acted rashly and without justification to date, just assassinate our leader. The response would be catastrophic and far in excess of anything you've seen yet.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Originally posted by clocker@4 June 2003 - 20:43
    Surely Illuminati, you aren't advocating assassination as the method of choice for the angry?
    Oops, did I say assassination? I meant unintentional vigilante justice

Still, considering what's happened in the Middle East during Bush's term, I sure as hell wouldn't put it past any person there to think about doing such a thing. Maybe it's me, but if it did happen I wouldn't expect the world outside America to weep as much as was done at 9/11.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Illuminati@4 June 2003 - 13:48

Still, considering what's happened in the Middle East during Bush's term, I sure as hell wouldn't put it past any person there to think about doing such a thing. Maybe it's me, but if it did happen I wouldn't expect the world outside America to weep as much as was done at 9/11.
    Were Bush to be killed at the hands of a foreign national there would indeed be less weeping.
    We will have nuked his entire county and cinders don't cry.
    Are you acquainted with the phrase "Kill'em all and let God sort 'em out later"?

Imagine that adopted as our new foreign policy and you'll get my drift...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by clocker@4 June 2003 - 21:13
    Are you acquainted with the phrase "Kill'em all and let God sort 'em out later"?Imagine that adopted as our new foreign policy and you'll get my drift...
    You mean you don't use it now?!?! Looks like it from where I'm standing

Side note - Yes I'm acquainted with it, but I usually know it as 'Kill them all. Let God sort them out'

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Illuminati@4 June 2003 - 18:25
    Personally, my opinion is that if Blair doesn't get lynched by the public in the near future it will bite him in the arse come the next general election. Then again, considering the "opposition" (IDS - In Deep S**t ), I'm guessing those same elections will be a shambles. It'll look to be an election where Lib Dem gets into power again.

As for Bush, god knows when - Hopefully Russia or whoever else assassinates the guy because I can't see him facing international retribution on the political stage. Unless the UN regains their balls and force Bush with/without Blair to face the War Crimes Courts, Dumbya's likely to get away scot free. Which IMO pisses me off, but that's just my opinion.
    Unfortunately, due to the 'opposition' in the UK, he will have landslide victory in the next election.

This is because the Labour Party in in vogue at the moment and there is 'feelgood' factor in the economy, but also because NO ONE will vote for those Tories, and a lot of people consider the LibDems a wasted vote (despite them getting quite a large proportion of the electorate)

People dont see how they've been stitched up by the b*****d, I can only hope that he is forced out of office BEFORE a General Election.

At the moment, I predict a new leader of the opposition come election time.....The LibDem, instead of the Tory, but a 3rd Labour term in office. They are gonna have to come up with some new excuses soon though....'inherited from the Conservatives' is sounding very lame at the moment.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    You know what?
    It all won't matter in a few years as GB is in the process of giving up it's
    sovereignty.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@5 June 2003 - 07:10
    You know what?
    It all won't matter in a few years as GB is in the process of giving up it's
    sovereignty.
    Erm, no it isnt.

And wont this century....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@15 June 2003 - 23:23

This "Labour" party is only interested in the Middle income group of the South East.

I have to disagree, being working class, born and bred and living in Glasgow.

One can only speak as one finds the situation however. We had a mortgage and young childer in the 80's. Iwas horrendous. Now it is ok, not perfect but we are getting by.

With regard to tax credits. I have 4 children. Trust me the tax credit in no way covers the sort of expenditure involed. My oldest eats more than that, never mind anything else. I'm sure you are only too well aware of the expense.

However we are way off topic.

I re-iterate. The question is irrelevant. A man of good conscience, acting in good faith, has no consequences to face. I believe the Prime Minister is such a man and that his actions were appropriate, given the situation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast