Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emule Mods

Stoi help me .

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok what i did, but no doubt there is an easier way of doing this, is i made a back up of all my temp and complete files in emule, uninstalled emule, made the emule folder again copied the mod into it and double clicked it, this will give you everything including temp/incoming, closed down the sivka mod, copied all the part and complete files into these folders, restarted the mod and they are all there. then i made a desktop icon and then sent it to the start menu, so i can open emule from the start menu as well.

The only draw back with doing it this way (as it doesnt install so doesnt right anything to the registry) is that if you go to www.shareactor.com and select a game that is multiple cds, and select all links to be added only the first link will be added into the mod and windows and internet explorer will come up with errors, so you have to do the links individually (you still get errors but it does go into the transfer window).

But the speeds i have been getting more than make up for this. i have heard the all you do is copy the .exe for the mod into the emule folder (ao you replace the original .exe with the modded version and run it from there, but i havnt tried that as i didnt fancy losing all my downloads/part files incase it went wrong.

Hope this helps

stoi

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    that is not the sivka mod. that is a modded sivka mod!! the real sivka/athlazan can be found at the eMule Board's mod section.

i suspect this mod you're talking about is the Mison Mod, a very evil mod, that in fact, hurts the ed2k network. PLEASE don't use this mod! one user less using it DOES count. (the mod spams all users it connects too.) (and Jetje, the link to it should be removed, even though the site is down. mods like this one should NOT get promoted in any way&#33

this mod is being discussed on the emule board, look here for instance: http://www.emule-project.net/board/index.p...=ST&f=2&t=20365

anyway stoi, if you dont want to play fair on a p2p network such as ed2k, then i suggest you don't use it.
    or i will consider you a hated enemy from this day forward. :pirate:

but one day i woke up and though WTF am i doing, im going to do this for me now and no one else, if tht makes me scum then so be it, i couldnt realy give a monkeys what you or anyone else thinks of me, but a i use Newsgroups and irc and many ppl on this forum do, and to use these you dont have to share 1KB of stuff, and they have lasted ok over the years and probably will do for years to come long after kazaa and emule have ceased to exist
    yes, you are not expected to share back on IRC. but then again, IRC is NOT a filesharing network... edonkey2000 is. so is fasttrack. and that's just the way it is, dumbass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12