Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule Mods

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ive got the sivka one of these and im getting a constant 61KBs about half my max connection, and im only sharing what i am downloading as well so they are definately worth a look.

get them from Emule Mods

Mods: if this link isnt allowed for some reason feel free to delete it.

stoi

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Yeah I just checked my emule earlier today..... does this mod have the option to spam other users about it? Cos I just got a four messages from different sources advertising this Mod.....which instantly put me off it!

So your getting good results from it then Stoi? Maybe I will give it a go.

But whats the deal with "steal user hash" ? Whats that all about?

hmm

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i never got the mison one, i just have the sivka one underneath that, so im not sure of the extra features, i might give it a go though after the downlods i have going finish.

stoi

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    i seriously suggest that you dont try them out.
    They will just damage the network, and we'll end up with another kazaa and it's "more sources needed".

stealing a usershash is a big no no, and is for freggin leechers.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    jetje's Avatar former star
    just to make sure Stoi... think this is the right room for posting this. I see no harm in it, just some good info for emule users...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    so im a leech then, basically all i am sharing is what i am downloading which suites me right down to the grond, but instead of it making it like kazaa it might make it like newsgroups, good stuff at fast speeds and that has to be good for filesharing in general so if you dont want to use it then dont, its your decision, and thanx jetje, i thought it would be ok but just had to be sure. basicaly all i am

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    leechers are in a sense people who download and then don't share. Even though your sharing incomplete files, as soon as it becomes complete, what are the chances people will begin to share them???
    If no-one shares or few people share, the network will suffer.

I'm totally against this. Some of those mods have even sent out spam messages to emule users promoting that site.

All i'm saying is this might be good for newbies and people who want to take and not give, but in the long run, everyone will suffer.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I do know what a leecher is (as i am one) i used to share a lot, as i have posted many a verified on here and even shared games on kazaa and emule that didnt even work on my pc for months at a time, but one day i woke up and though WTF am i doing, im going to do this for me now and no one else, if tht makes me scum then so be it, i couldnt realy give a monkeys what you or anyone else thinks of me, but a i use Newsgroups and irc and many ppl on this forum do, and to use these you dont have to share 1KB of stuff, and they have lasted ok over the years and probably will do for years to come long after kazaa and emule have ceased to exist.

Just because i dont share on emule doesnt mean that the p2p world is going to end, even if 50% of ppl use these mods files will still get spread quickly by ppl on fast connections with huge servers behind them, so i doubt that me or even a few thousand others are going to bring the whole p2p down in one fell swoop.

Also im not realy bothered about spamming, ive got a couple and all you do is hust close the window its not that bleeding hard.

stoi.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Fair enough

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I downloaded the sivka and does not install .Any ideea why ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast