Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast

Thread: Movieworld's Lost & Found

oh just seen the paris hilton thread

Posting With The Enemy eh Bic

2. Movies & TV   -   #412
    You people seem to be good at this - see if you can help me.
    I'm looking for a movie (animated , MIGHT have been a series) aimed at kids about a planet that receives a distress call from Earth. They send this weird , 18th century ship with solar sails to help , and that's about all I remember for plot. Could have been late 80's - early 90's ; certainly pre - 1993.
    The movie was (dubbed?) in Dutch - that's all I know. Anyone ?

3. Movies & TV   -   #413
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@11 December 2003 - 21:29
    I'm looking for a movie (animated , MIGHT have been a series) aimed at kids about a planet that receives a distress call from Earth. They send this weird , 18th century ship with solar sails to help , and that's about all I remember for plot. Could have been late 80's - early 90's ; certainly pre - 1993.
    try this Link

the first bit about distress call to earth is right

not too sure about the second part of your description

it sounds like Link

of course both could be completley wrong and the others may shame me but.............just some ideas

4. Movies & TV   -   #414
    Originally posted by Nexus UK@11 December 2003 - 21:03
    oh just seen the paris hilton thread

Posting With The Enemy eh Bic     
    Hey, there's no stopping that thread, it's on a rollercoaster-ride and the topic at hand was similar.
    Might as well join 'em then.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

5. Movies & TV   -   #415
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@11 December 2003 - 23:29
    Hmm, very strange. I can think of several cartoons wich involve a 'distress call from earth' and a few with 'spaceships with solar sails' but none of them both.

Nexus already posted two I was thinking of.
    I also thought of 'Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors' (Has the ship with solar sails but hasn't got that distress call and it was never dubbed as I recall)
    And also 'Treasure Planet' (fits the 18th century ships with solar sails perfectly but is far too recent)

Perhaps you combined two series/movies into one?

edit: Thought of another 'Arcadia of my Youth' IMDb link

6. Movies & TV   -   #416
    I'm pretty sure I didn't mix up any movies/series ... I've been searching for the past five years without luck myself.
    Some more stuff I forgot last time : I saw this on Belgian TV , it didn't look Japanese (no anime , not quite sure about that) and the "ship" had a bottom deck with a large forest in it - growing some sort of large berries . (No , I'm NOT hallucinating &#33

If you don't find it , it's no big deal ... maybe this cartoon was meant to be forgotten...

7. Movies & TV   -   #417
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    Well I've given up on this one, it's now up to you two Nb & NUK good luck finding it,shuoldn't be hard.

8. Movies & TV   -   #418
    yea ive been trying to find out what this movie is called

i dunno what kind it is
    its 70's or 80's
    it has roddy piper
    they wear glasses and see like skeleton faces

thats all i remember

9. Movies & TV   -   #419
    Ah the infamous 'They Live!' IMDb Link

10. Movies & TV   -   #420
    I'm baaack !

Animé (I think) , 80's.
    Starts with two guys robbing a bank , but the money is fake. Then they end up in a car chase and a save girl driving a 2cv. The rest of the story is a bit of a muddle , but there's a bad guy with a castle , a fight in a clocktower-ish building and a city that can be entered by using special rings. It's been ages since I saw this on video - I'm not really expecting anyone to find this. Thoughts ?

Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast