Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1858656667686970 LastLast

Thread: Movieworld's Lost & Found

Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+5 August 2004 - 17:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 5 August 2004 - 17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by muchspl2@17 July 2004 - 01:34
    Originally posted by lotep@14 July 2004 - 09:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2
    @14 July 2004 - 10:58
    I been trying to figure out a old movie
    starts out with a phone call from a disgruntled son, who works in a missal silo
    he wanted to warn his dad and reconcile because it was about to be ww3
    but he called the wrong phone #
    then basically a group of people try to get the hell out of dodge to some place up north that doesn&#39;t rain

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097889/ its a good movie. People have actually asked about it before in movieland

right on I was going to post that I found it, but I couldn&#39;t find the thread, guess it got merged with this one

it was a cool movie, me and my friends wanted to prank ca someone like what happen in the movie, we were too young and couldn&#39;t keep from laughing
    heh. Miracle Mile is one of my favorites. that&#39;s the only movie i&#39;ve ever submitted a user comment to imdb.com about... it&#39;s the one comparing Miracle Mile to After Hours & Repo Man. the soundtrack by Tangerine Dream is wicked sweet, too.

btw, After Hours is finally schedule for a dvd release this year. i recommend that just as strongly. [/b][/quote]
    With commentary by Scorsesie himself&#33;

2. Movies & TV   -   #672
    Originally posted by lvlister2003@5 August 2004 - 16:51
    i remember a film where 6 to 8 people went into a big orange house on a clifftop i think when the ppl entered the house there was thunder and a stained glass window broke i need the name thanks
    Need more info. Approx. year, country, type of movie etc.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. Movies & TV   -   #673
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Originally posted by lvlister2003@5 August 2004 - 16:51
    i remember a film where 6 to 8 people went into a big orange house on a clifftop i think when the ppl entered the house there was thunder and a stained glass window broke i need the name thanks
    Could it possibly be Dolls or The Puppetmaster or The House on the Haunted Hill,with a start like you describe it could be anyone of a dozen movies from the late 70&#39;s or early 80&#39;s

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. Movies & TV   -   #674
    Notorious One.

If you can help me I'd be extremmmmmmely impressed.

I have very vague memories of cowering behind the sofa when VERY small re. a B/W flick on TV. It had to be made in the 40's, maybe 50's and was supposed to be horror I think. The only thing I can be sure of was there were 2 brothers in the flic called Caspar and Jasper. I think they may have been deformed, mutilated or the like and had a penchant for growing evil plants in their greenhouse.

That's all I can give you.

I know this is a longshot, but this has bugged me for years. I'm 37 now and would like to see it again, just to see what I do remember.

Thanks in hope.

5. Movies & TV   -   #675
    Wow, this is still going eh?

Galloform, it could be 'The Old Dark House' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057379/ http://www.hammerfilms.com/vaults/ho...darkhouse.html
    It's more of a horror-comedy, but I can imagine how it could scare a little kid.

6. Movies & TV   -   #676
    NotoriousBIC,

Thanks for reply and threads...

An American car salesman in England, Tom Penderel one stormy night finds an eccentric millionaire client, Casper Femm, murdered in the old, dark house he shared with weapons-collector Roderick Femm; Casper's mother Agatha; his twin brother Jasper; two young cousins, Cecily and Morgana, both of whom are attracted to Tom; and Morgana's father who would willingly murder the American for even looking at the girl.

The review in Hammer's vault looks promising. I can't think there were too many flics with brothers Casper and Jasper in them. I didn't see any reference to the killer plants tho' .

I doubt I'll find on Klite or Emule but I'll have a good search when I get home later.

Thanks. Very impressed. You REALLY must get out more

Galloform.

7. Movies & TV   -   #677
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    this was lost amongst the db confusion which occured last month:

what anime series is this from?

8. Movies & TV   -   #678

9. Movies & TV   -   #679
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Ok I'm trying to remember this film and have limited amount of info on it, but can't for the life of me know what it is.

1. It's a war film

2. This group of people are meant to be on an exercise when they are captured and sorta-tortured (punched etc)

3. There is a female amonst the soldiers

4. Soldiers are American

5. They get locked in bamboo type cages

Anyone?

10. Movies & TV   -   #680
    Now, now Samurai, don't be disheartened

I think you're talking about the last part of... (cue drum rolls):
    G.I. Jane http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119173/