Page 1 of 70 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Movieworld's Lost & Found

Don't remember that childhood movie?
    Forgot that classic movie's name?
    Have a movie's name on the tip of your tongue?
    Wanna test the board members astute movie knowledge?

Never fear, for now you can post your what-was-that-movie-again related questions here and let your fellow boardmembers help you in your quest. Don't hesitate to ask for TV series either.

Anyway, this thread is inspired by this topic.
    I was just playing with the idea and opened this partly out of curiosity and partly to test my own movie knowledge. B)
    Perhaps it's also good place for fond memories of long-forgotten movies.

Some basic posting guidelines
    Try to include the following things
    • Type of movie (e.g. Thriller, comedy, etc.)
    • The (approximate) year of release or viewing <-- This one&#39;s important&#33;&#33;&#33;
    • Memorable characters (perhaps names) and/or situations
    • Mention if it&#39;s a black/white, animated or color movie
    • Brief plot synopsis
    • Maybe a quote or something
    • Name of actors/actresses (or if you don&#39;t know, other movies they played in)
    Ok, hit me&#33;
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey BIC this is a great idea. Hope this topic gets pinned. To start you off Ill see if you can help with an aniamted film ive been looking for. I remember seeing it in the late 80&#39;s. I think it was called...Wind something...Racers of the Wind...something with Wind in it. Anywho...I dont really even remember the plot...but I remember it had these giant creatures that looked like huge rolly-pollies. And there was this girl who could control them. Im not sure whether it was an American, European, or Japanese animated feature either. But it was very dark...there was some blood shows. Definitely not kiddie fare.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Damn, difficult one here&#39;s a longshot:

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Nausicaa.net&#39;s synopsis

In one version it was called &#39;Warriors of the Wind&#39;, which was a bad rip-off with the best parts edited out.
    It&#39;s a Japanese anime btw. and I&#39;m pretty sure you&#39;ll find a hash in the K-Lite Anime Database

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Thx again BIC. That was exactly it. It only took me over a decade to find it...but it was worth it Ok...I got another one for you. I also saw this film in the late 80s. It was about this kid who found a pit out in the woods which was full of man-eating...ugh...pit dwellers. Well the kid ended up throwing his enemy...and Im pretty sure his mom in the pit. At the end he himself fell into the pitt. From the look of the film it looked as though it were either from the late 70s or early 80s. Happy Hunting

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Ha&#33; Easy one:

The Pit (1981) *IMDb link*

Keep &#39;m coming guys&#33; Anyone else with those old childhood movies or otherwise obscure titles?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Jeez BIC you did it again Ok...ok...I have a hard one for you. Mainly because its so vague in my memory. I was very young when i saw it. It was an animated film...about rabbits. But it was very violent. Or...at least the beginning was. Because...from what I remember this large brown rabbit came and killed all these white rabbits. The rest of the movie Ive completely forgotten. But that one part has stuck in my head till now because it was so disturbing.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Watership Down?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Yeah thats it&#33; Wow...I didnt think you guys would find it cuz my description was so vague...but thats it. Nice job Corn. If I have another hard one Ill make sure to post in here.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Hehe, I turn my back just for a few hours to go to the dentist and I miss a chance for the hattrick&#33;

Good call BCCorn&#33;

Let&#39;s have some more&#33;

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    I kinda like doing this thread. Some movies you just don&#39;t wanna forget, you need a sign of assurance that you know what the movie is about, and most importantly, it&#39;s title. So far, I haven&#39;t got any shows in mind that I can&#39;t remember.

Nice thread deserves a *bump*.

Page 1 of 70 12341151 ... LastLast