Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giganews noob question.

okay, hopefully this is the last retarded question. what is my usenet server address?

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    It's news.giganews.com
    Your username/password will have been emailed to you.

Here are two excellent guides for beginners. Both aimed at one click downloading.

Grabit guide
    alt.binz guide

I would use alt.binz first, it's really noob friendly especially if you're used to bittorrent.

Good luck

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasen View Post
    It's news.giganews.com
    Your username/password will have been emailed to you.

Here are two excellent guides for beginners. Both aimed at one click downloading.

Grabit guide
    alt.binz guide

I would use alt.binz first, it's really noob friendly especially if you're used to bittorrent.

Good luck
    or news-europe.giganews.com (Europe)

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    ..:: c.R ::..'s Avatar Φ MySpace_SuK(s
    i don't know about you guys and your "one-click" scripts but i would recommend that you use "NewsRover" It's designed for everyone, especially beginners.

If you want to "grow" as a usenet member, you should start off w/ a prog that delivers EVERY time and not something that is nzb-ONLY.

Good luck and there are no n00b questions when it comes to usenet, we all started out there at one time or another and we all had those same questions.
    "Of the delights of this world, man cares most for sexual intercourse. He will go to any length for it-risk fortune, character, reputation, life itself." -Mark Twain

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    I appreciate everyone's help very much. right now I'm using grabit and I got to where I'm able to see the newsgroups and everything, but how do I download what I'm looking for? everytime I double click something I'm interested in in one of the newsgroups, all I get is a text document telling me what it is. Any help is appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12