Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant Everyone Calm Down ?!

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    I mean, i know this is a forum and people are supposed to debate topics rationally, but doesnt anyone agree with me that more often than not people get a little bit carried away !!?

Calm down please! i dont like seeing so many heated arguments, resulting in insults and hurtful comments.
    Just thought i'd let you know.
    Sleep well.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Ex-member
    I'm trying to discuss things in a civilised and rational manner.

As you will see from my discussions with the Bass Man, Summerlinda and PBMontgolfier.

I take no responsibility for the actions of others - and yes, we can go OTT sometimes.

3. Lounge   -   #3

4. Lounge   -   #4
    insanebassman
    Most of my arguements are not heated, I just drop an opinion and wander off, like a free range chicken! (sorry, crack at Lamsey there)

I really enjoy much of the debate on this board, and would hate to see it cool off!

and I like your name there Crazy_billy_bats

edit: I mispelled sumthin'

5. Lounge   -   #5
    well i know what your saying but some ppl just can't be nice sorry to say but they just dont have it in them and thats life sorry if i pissed you off in anyway
    Big Alien and Ufo Fan,If you have anything with aliens or ufo's in please pm me thanks

6. Lounge   -   #6
    i dont mean to offend anyone !

and bassman....who couldnt like ur name dude!?

and well i suppose the "ape" comes out in all of us now and then, causing us to be uncivilized.
    Maybe they can be civilized, but i never liked them Planet of the ape movies.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well I'm usually calm and try to be so in my posts, but we all have our p*ssed-off times. I've just had one an hour ago in another thread (which is hopefully over for all involved )

But yeah - Guys! Peace. and. Love B)

Otherwise, the place is gonna go ()

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I've been drawn into agro by certain members, but I really agree with you billy, why can't we all just express our opinions freely without agro!
    Bottom line is:- everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is just what it is whether you agree with it or not!

Stay cool everyone (including me)

Peace

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@4 June 2003 - 22:38
    I've been drawn into agro by certain members, but I really agree with you billy, why can't we all just express our opinions freely without agro!
    Bottom line is:- everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is just what it is whether you agree with it or not!

Stay cool everyone (including me)

Peace

Jonno B)
    what can i say jonno?

ur my kinda guy

10. Lounge   -   #10
    It all boils down to how you view yourself and what you have waiting for when you leave the forum.

Type 1 flamers (Trolls) are desperately seeking attention and negative attention is better than none.
    They are also trying to establish themselves as "unique individuals" to escape from their otherwise nondescript and anonymous existences.
    Their posts are obvious attempts to draw irate responses, so the more you respond to their posts, the more you fan their "flames"

Type 2 flamers are the people who can be quite civil while on a neutral thread or if you are supporting their point of view, but degenerate into name calling instantly at the slightest criticism because this forum is how they define themselves and to be "beaten" is the equivalent to "death".

You have to learn to ignore these losers and stay on the high road. Here is my response to someone who just called me every expletive in the book and a few of his own.

" You chose the opposite path of vicious personal insults, rather than to give me the benefit of the doubt (which I honestly would have given you, had the tables been turned). This to me, stunk of an insecure adolescent who had to save face and could not risk exposing himself by extending a conciliatory olive branch. Defensiveness and anger are the hallmark someone with issues. "

So, who cares about flamers, just patronizingly tell them that they need a "time out", and move on.

Flames cannot exist in a vacuum, so only you can prevent forest fires
    -partially stolen from Smokey the Bear

On the other hand, good topics generate real emotion and this is fine. Passionate exchanges are what we seek and hopefully both sides can learn from the other.

I must admit that every now and then, I burn incandescent when someone posts something that is intellectually dishonest. They are simply manipulating words to fit their agenda, rather than trying to actually discuss a topic. That shizzles my nizzle
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast