Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Cows Or Humans

Most people don't give a shit about the animals killed in order to make their burger. And most lions don't give a shit about the animals they eat apart from the fact that they taste good. We descended from herbivores. Some of these herbivores decided to eat meat. So now they are the dominant species.

There is nothing wrong with killing animals for food.
    There is nothing wrong with using animals for medical research.
    There is something wrong with unnecessary being cruel to animals by cramping them in small cages.
    There is something wrong with using animals for cosmetic research.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@5 June 2003 - 13:44
    This thread is confusing me, is it about dietary preference or animal abuse?
    The discussion has kinda spread to both.

Whats playing on my mind is the definition of animal abuse. I like to hunt for rabbits and pheashant with my uncle. Any kills made are done in the most humane way possible. 99% of the time we kill game instantly with one shot. Anything killed is eaten by ourselves or given to others.

Am I an animal abuser?

3. Lounge   -   #83
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by namzuf9@5 June 2003 - 18:10

Am I an animal abuser?
    no. You are an animal killer.
    Keep doing (*EDIT* - ill rephrase that - if you and everyone else who hunts keep doing) it there wont be any left to kill.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+5 June 2003 - 18:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 5 June 2003 - 18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--namzuf9@5 June 2003 - 18:10

Am I an animal abuser?
    no. You are an animal killer.
    Keep doing (*EDIT* - ill rephrase that - if you and everyone else who hunts keep doing) it there wont be any left to kill. [/b][/quote]
    I take it you&#39;ve never been to the real english countryside?
    If these game animals were in danger of extinction then there are many organizations set up to put a stop to the hunting of them.
    The last thing that we as hunters want to do is kill evrything in sight and leave nothing for the next day, or month, or year.
    Thats why there are only set times of the year in which you can hunt certain game.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    i see
    i just know that if reincarnation is true i dont want to come back as a fox.

that would scare the shit out of me all them dogs running after me.

suppose a feasant wouldnt be the best either, probably just get shot....
    oh well maybe ill come back as a future world leader....
    who knows?
    hunting has been in my family, connected to farming, so i can agree to it to a certain extent, i just dont like killing things tho &#33;&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #86
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@5 June 2003 - 18:31
    i see
    i just know that if reincarnation is true i dont want to come back as a fox.

that would scare the shit out of me all them dogs running after me.

Now that is animal abuse. I agree that they are vermin and that there numbers in the wild need to be controlled but I dont agree with the brutal methods used to achieve it.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    yeah thats true, the treatment of them is terrible....
    but i know what pests a fox can be, they can cost farmers a lot, but of course ,there are other methods than that brutality....

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by nahan+5 June 2003 - 00:33--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nahan @ 5 June 2003 - 00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nahan@5 June 2003 - 00:23
    Aniamls were put on this earth for one reason ,to provide for HUMANS.
    Not so we could provide for them.
    Thats why they werent created with the intellect of ours.
    They were created for a purpose.
    Lamsey and select others
    It makes you very ignorent and single minded ,to not take this all into account.
    To compare a human life to that of a chicken or cow is preposterous.

And poor poor lamsey, to resort to name calling wont win you any arguments.Calling me a "troll "
    It isnt needed for an adult conversation.

But thats right you arent an adult yet,so everyone excuse lamsey he has
    still got many things in life to learn . [/b][/quote]
    Not really, you stated that animals were put on the earth for one reason, to provide for humans.

That totally ignores a little thing called the Theory of Evolution, which about 95% of the Civilized World (including most major Churches) acknowledge.

You are therefore either an Idiot or a Religious Fanatic; either of which mean that your post is liable to be totally without meaning to the other posters, who are debating their PERSONAL feelings and not their religious views.

However, i lost track of this thread a long way back.......

Much as i admire Lamsey for standing up for his admirable belief about living creatures; I also think that Human Life is more important than other animal life.

If everyone became Vegitarians, there would be MORE animals on the endangered list, including many that are currently raised as Livestock.

This doesnt mean i condemn vegitarians, however I would expect them to have the same respect for MY lifestyle of Mince Pies, Burgers and Bacon Butties.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Lounge   -   #89
    It says something about this board that the topics of animal rights and vegetarianism have taken up the bulk of this thread. This is not intended as a value judgement, merely an observation.

I would suggest that it relates to the fervour of the people arguing that case. That at least does them credit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789