Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BSODs and other problem.

Poster
    I've had this system for over 2 years and it's worked flawlessly. All the hardware is compatible. I'm getting so many different errors now. The 9C, now a 00000050 Page Fault. It might be my PSU from what I've gathered.

There were no changes made that could warrant such a disaster.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    So not your hard drive?

What is your PSU?

I don't mean to be blunt but in fact enough of this pissing about with drips and drabs of info. Give us your full system specs. Make & Model, wattage of your PSU etc.

Makes life a lot easier to determine what might be going on, or not as the case may be.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Asus K8N-E Deulux
    AMD 64 bit 3400+
    Geforce 6800 Ultra
    1GB Kingmax DDRam
    CPU 500W Antec
    2X Western Digital drives in S-ATA

These errors all started about two days ago. No changes made to the system.

I've gotten Stop 9C, 8E and 50 errors.

The first BSOD error seems to have been taken care of.

Taking the system to another technician tomorrow. My biggest fear atm is that everything will be formatted in the hopes that that will solve the problem, but instead the errors will still exist when re-installing XP.

I have all important data backed up, but there's so many installations that will set me back hours and hours and hours, and I dont have all the install files for software I'll need to reinstall.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why do you keep taking it to a technician? Why don't you wait for suggestions from us and try them?

You mentioned that the problem started after you changed the graphics driver. Try reinstalling the previous ones.

After that, I suggest you run a memory test and recertify your drive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Because I've already done all of that. I ran Microsoft's Memory diagnostic overnight wihtout errors, reverted to older drivers...None of seems to have helped, and I can never tell if it's made a difference because the errors seem to happen randomly.

A technician will be able to look at hardware directly and see if it's phsysically damaged.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Before I took it in this morning, I removed and reinstalled my display drivers, so for the half an hour in between doing that and taking my PC to a technician, there were no problems.

The tech said he could find no problems. He got no hang ups or blue screens, he checked all the hardware and temperatures and could find nothing wrong.

So far I haven't gotten another problem, but seeing as one of the problems I got was related to Page File, I'm wondering if these Virtual Memory settings are correct.

I have 1GB Ram. OS is on my C:

C: Virtual Memory - Initial size: 1524MB. Maximum size: 3048MB

E: No Paging File

G: No Paging File

Total Paging File For All Drives:

Minimum: 2MB
    Recommended: 1534MB
    Allocated: 1524MB

Does this sound correct? If I get another Page File Fault BSOD, should I look there for a solution?

I was also thinking that if I got another Machine_Check_Exception BSOD, while the tech didn't, it might be from the secondary monitor I have plugged into my display card. Could that be causing problems? If I get errors again, I'll disconnect it and see if that helps,
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Arg! When copying stuff from my ipod to my media drive, I got two hangs. No blue screens and no crashes though.

I'm beginning to think that this harddrive is damaged or has bad sectors that are causing these hang-ups. I ran a scandisk overnight that completed successfully and didn't show problems.

I'm guessing this Hard drive is going to need to be replaced.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ah must be a pain in the ass , you don't have another hdd to swap out ?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Ok. I did an XP Repair Install (which took most of the fuckin' day because I had the infamous "freeze on 34 minutes problem" I had to get around)

Haven't gotten hangs or blue-screens yet, but seeing as my version of XP I repair-installed with SP1, I need to get SP2 because some of my software (which of course now needs to be re-installed wont run on SP1)

I hope this sorted the problem and I'll be able to clear everything up by later tonight.

I've gotten some problems, like the OpenHid Standard USB Host Controller drivers just can't be installed/found...Hopefully SP2 will sort this out.

If not, it looks like a format of my OS drive. What about the software I have on my other drives though, that install files to the Windows folder. Will they need to be re-installed?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Your screwed ,I meat that in fun tho , why would you leave your back up on the drives ?

Hate to say this but why not just nuke the whole fucking thing ? If you need help ,a PM is the easiest way . Good luck tho if I can help just ask .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast