Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What The Hell Is This?

Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by balamm@17 May 2003 - 14:32
    This is what the top few lines look like after reformatting to RTF
    More importantly, what is reformatting to RTF? Isn't this Rich Text File? What exactly are you trying to reformat?
    Proud member of MDS

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I get this on my desktop sometimes after closing Outlook Express. Does your ~ file contain people's email addresses? further down?

I dont know why i get it, might be a bug

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Never seen such a file but entries near bottom seem to refer to your addressbook
    or at least emailclient .
    Could be just a dump but check out your addressbook for changed entries.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Twist3r
    i got one of thoughs files in my C drive just sitting there its wierd

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I also saw that it shows MSGR ID on the top part , it might be in MS messenger., also look for the file in dos.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    k it seems to be when your outlook express aint configured, because i clicked on mine by accident and then canceled it and it put this file on desktop thats the 1st time i seen it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by balamm@17 May 2003 - 14:46
    RTF is the only thing it would open with to show anything but blocks so at least I can see a few of it's contents.
    And you wonder why it looks all garbled. Its probably a data file used by some program. If it isn't a virus, then leave it alone. Stop searching for weird stuff on your computer, and start searching kazaa for weird stuff.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast