Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The effect/affect of feminism on the American familial structure.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    I couldn't help myself. For shame.....
    Indeed.

Looking back, I can see your original topic in the far distance...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    I was referring to the "as a woman" comment. It seems anytime a woman comes into some considerable amount of power we have to bow and say "oh my,how wonderful of her,taking on the burden of sooo many women." Its only a topic because people keep drumming it up.
    When will enough women in enough power situations be enough for feminists to say..."well,now what the hell are we gonna do?"....enter...."theres a whale stranded on the beach and I think its because their migratory patterns have been upset by that eyesore of an offshore oil well."..."lets get some signs girls!" I'm quite tired of Oh my God! Look who has achieved! Most never equate this to America.
    Its usually "we've got a long way to go...never...."we've come so far."

Last edited by MaxOverlord; 04-26-2007 at 05:16 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster
    I think a lot of it depends on which effect (on the American Family) you want to focus on.

I can understand a lot of the observances/experiences/feelings expressed in these posts. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair and it seems things have tilted too far the other direction.

MaxOverlord, I think the problem may be with the type of human beings you have been around...whether they are male or female doesn't matter. A position of power is only a position of higher responsibility and anyone that abuses that or 'Lords' it over others abuses that power...regardless of their sex.

Equal pay for equal performance is only fair. Gender shouldn't have anything to do with that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    I think a lot of it depends on which effect (on the American Family) you want to focus on.

I can understand a lot of the observances/experiences/feelings expressed in these posts. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair and it seems things have tilted too far the other direction.

MaxOverlord, I think the problem may be with the type of human beings you have been around...whether they are male or female doesn't matter. A position of power is only a position of higher responsibility and anyone that abuses that or 'Lords' it over others abuses that power...regardless of their sex.

Equal pay for equal performance is only fair. Gender shouldn't have anything to do with that.

I think that sums up my feelings on the subject. That is all my wife will allow me to say.

Hi Rose.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Everose. Hows about the feminist's movement affect on abortion rates?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    In that the back alley is no longer the preferred location?

Edit: "Free love" was more a result of the invention of the birth control pill than it had anything to do with "sexploitation." It doesn't seem as though there is an actual question to this topic... are you hoping for a pre-made term paper? BTW, abortion reduces crime.

Last edited by MagicNakor; 05-02-2007 at 09:21 AM.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    are you hoping for a pre-made term paper? BTW, abortion reduces crime.

I wasn't aware that you actually knew who I was. I am referring to your term paper question. Second, your abortion reduces crime is by far the most Powerful justification of abortion I have ever heard. Bravo!

I would also like to add in my opinion the murder rate goes Up.
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 05-02-2007 at 08:58 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    abortion reduces crime.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    I would also like to add in my opinion the murder rate goes Up.
    Which point is invalid, according to most feminists.

I guess it's all down to whose wishes/ends are being served.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Hi Bigboab! I bet your wife has a wonderful sense of humor, too

MaxOverlord....I really don't know the real effect feminism has had on abortion rates. I find it hard to believe that the coat hanger abortions were really that well documented though.

I have been really paying attention to what seems to be an excess of male bashing going on. The first thing I had to do was stop myself from doing it. At first it was fun. I think I was able to release a lot of anger at my spouse in a pretty tame way by passing on male bashing jokes. After awhile it just started making me feel kind of yucky because tbh, I see people as people and do not treat anyone worse or better because of the body they were born with.

It is almost like when a relationships ends...people often strike out at the whole opposite sex. Somehow we jump right from 'He/she really did me wrong' to 'guys/girls really do us wrong.' And of course, that totally bypasses any personal responsibility for the relationship failing. ;-)

I know we women can be cruel just like men can be cruel. I guess what I am trying to remember is take it person by person and just avoid the cruel ones.

And btw, I still read male bashing jokes and I still laugh at them. I just feel a twinge of guilt now when I laugh because I really do know they do not always hold truths or fit the majority of males.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Hi Bigboab! I bet your wife has a wonderful sense of humor, too

MaxOverlord....I really don't know the real effect feminism has had on abortion rates. I find it hard to believe that the coat hanger abortions were really that well documented though.

I have been really paying attention to what seems to be an excess of male bashing going on. The first thing I had to do was stop myself from doing it. At first it was fun. I think I was able to release a lot of anger at my spouse in a pretty tame way by passing on male bashing jokes. After awhile it just started making me feel kind of yucky because tbh, I see people as people and do not treat anyone worse or better because of the body they were born with.

It is almost like when a relationships ends...people often strike out at the whole opposite sex. Somehow we jump right from 'He/she really did me wrong' to 'guys/girls really do us wrong.' And of course, that totally bypasses any personal responsibility for the relationship failing. ;-)

I know we women can be cruel just like men can be cruel. I guess what I am trying to remember is take it person by person and just avoid the cruel ones.

And btw, I still read male bashing jokes and I still laugh at them. I just feel a twinge of guilt now when I laugh because I really do know they do not always hold truths or fit the majority of males.

I'm glad you still enjoy your jokes. I personally don't have any rules when it comes to humor unless it puts someones life in danger. I think you hit on something when you mentioned by-passing personal responsibility. I think the expression(verbally and physically) of feminism has helped women avoid personal responsibility.

A lot of things women do today can be placed under the guise of "free expression" of traits that I feel are largely feministic is quality as well as quantity. I saw an actress(the women from Judging Amy) at a feminism rally with a tee-shirt that read..This is what a Feminist looks like....Whatever. She can wear her shirt. What bothers me is her point for the rally and her shirt was she was proud of the fact she had had an abortion..ie feministic expression. I hope the quantity is only 1..the quality is disgusting. Anyway.

Women expressing their freedoms is great and I'm all for it. When the idea that because you've had an abortion is the reason for your liberated approach is another thing. This in my opinion is the exact opposite of freedom. Freedom does not equal death. Freedom is the expression Of life.... not the other way around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast