Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any tips for Officer's Training?

MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    The commanders version of reality is a retarded one. That was part of my point. If they were allowed to fully engage the insurgents we would have a different situation on the ground. They are not allowed to use the full capabilities of the U.S arsenal.

Total War was my main point. We must go All
    In or get off the pot. Let's quit dicking around here. It is either now(on our terms) or later(on theirs). Military and War in general is about pre-emptive thinking not reactionary.

One must take the fight to the enemy. We must set the terms of battle and we must be the ones who ultimately decide when and where battles are fought. Easier said than done,agreed. But this is the essence of battle.

Back to U.S Grant..if I may. During the Overland Campaign most
    were telling Grant Bobby Lee this and Bobby Lee that. Grant said "I'm tired of hearing about Bobby Lee. Tell me what your gonna do to him and not what he will do to you." It's that kind of untied assertiveness that is needed now more than ever.

I only want to take the fight to the enemy fully and with complete desire for full and total victory. I'm not too sure that the world is willing to allow such a fight to take place. We will pay for this in the end when the enemy is the one calling the shots.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    The commanders version of reality is a retarded one. That was part of my point. If they were allowed to fully engage the insurgents we would have a different situation on the ground. They are not allowed to use the full capabilities of the U.S arsenal.

Total War was my main point. We must go All
    In or get off the pot. Let's quit dicking around here. It is either now(on our terms) or later(on theirs). Military and War in general is about pre-emptive thinking not reactionary.

One must take the fight to the enemy. We must set the terms of battle and we must be the ones who ultimately decide when and where battles are fought. Easier said than done,agreed. But this is the essence of battle.

Back to U.S Grant..if I may. During the Overland Campaign most
    were telling Grant Bobby Lee this and Bobby Lee that. Grant said "I'm tired of hearing about Bobby Lee. Tell me what your gonna do to him and not what he will do to you." It's that kind of untied assertiveness that is needed now more than ever.

I only want to take the fight to the enemy fully and with complete desire for full and total victory. I'm not too sure that the world is willing to allow such a fight to take place. We will pay for this in the end when the enemy is the one calling the shots.
    Do you advocate the dropping of nuclear weapons in Iraq? That would count as 'total war''. I cannot think offhand any invading country that has won against guerilla warfare.

Sorry, I forgot about Grenada.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Oh Bobby how did I know you were gonna say the "N" word?
    No I don't.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123