Thread: Kazaa Fix For Routers

Found this on an other forum http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...ies.cfm?t=87904

I dont know if this will help anyone as i havn't tried it(dont have broadband), but here's what it says.

http://free.pages.at/ftfakes/kanat/
    What is KaNAT?

KaNAT is a add-on tool for Kazaa (Lite). It is written for all people who use Kazaa and have a router or any other device/software that performs NAT (Network Address Translation). It will enable you to download from other people that also use a router. Kazaa isn't able to do this without KaNAT !!!
    What's the problem?

Kazaa propagetes it's IP adress to other Kazaa clients and supernodes. If you use NAT it will propagte your LAN IP address instead of your WAN IP.
    But LAN IP's are not routed across the internet. This is no problem if you try to download from people that have no router, but you are unable to connect to people that also use NAT. Two people can't download from each other if they both use a router!

How is it working?

KaNAT replaces the LAN IP that is propagated by Kazaa with your WAN IP. That's all.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by junkyardking@5 June 2003 - 09:22
    If you use NAT it will propagte your LAN IP address instead of your WAN IP.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    KaNAT replaces the LAN IP that is propagated by Kazaa with your WAN IP. That's all.
    Which is it?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    I dont notice much of a difference .....i have a router

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Longdong+5 June 2003 - 08:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Longdong @ 5 June 2003 - 08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--junkyardking@5 June 2003 - 09:22
    If you use NAT it will propagte your LAN IP address instead of your WAN IP.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    KaNAT replaces the LAN IP that is propagated by Kazaa with your WAN IP. That&#39;s all.
    Which is it? [/b][/quote]
    I think your confusing it, NAT is the protacol of the router, while KaNAT is the name of the program which changes what NAT does.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    does it work?