Thread: Anybody tried Linux XP?

Torrent Pro

I've installed it and it seems to work good only problem is it wont install all Windows based programs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    the site looks like a right con to me.

Its really just a skinned version of gnome im betting which you can download free if you look around the interwebs.

Its probably also using wine to run windows programs but thats still in beta so dont expect it to run everything.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Torrent Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    Its probably also using wine to run windows programs but thats still in beta so dont expect it to run everything.
    It actually does use wine to run windows programs, the things I wanted to install was my drivers but it didn't work, it didn't even wanna install msn messenger, firefox, etc..

No windows program worked on it for me, so I installed them by normal linux install, so this OS might not be that good with windows applications.

EDIT: Will Microsoft Sue them?? Since they are copying them, they sued Linspire and PC Linux so will they sue this one also?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    linspire was forced to change their name from lindows since it was so much like windows. I would imagine is this ever gets popular it would get the same treatment from redmond.

drivers will not work in wine but the chances are there are native ones for linux.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Torrent Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    I would imagine is this ever gets popular it would get the same treatment from redmond.
    Its pretty popular for desk users I've heard, and its been there a long time and its also a Paid Linux OS same as Linspire is/was.

Its name Linux XP, is taken from Windows XP but you might never know what will happen to such companies