Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gun's - Good Or Bad?

insanebassman
    When I got hit, it was a searing heat and impact, like I got hit with a baseball out af a cannon. I was hit in my left clavicle (collar bone). It was an excrutiating pain all down my left side for an instant, then my left arm wen completely dead. I broke out in sweats and felt like I was seriously hopped up. The world reeled and I got tunnel vision. The guy who shot me stared at me for a few minutes, as shocked as me. I took the gun from him (a derringer) and used my good arm to beat the shit out of him before I passed out. (That is what my brother Cody said... after the tunnel vision, I lost it.) When I woke up, I felt like my left pectoral region, and the delt region on my back, as well as my left arm and entire head had been run over by a tractor repeatedly. The bullet riccocheted out of the same hole it entered through and was a small calliber. My brother was an EMT and had access to things that normal people do not. He took care of me for the week it took to recover from the initial shock. ]

I do not recomend the experience, nor do I want to repeat it. I cried lik a bitch from taking even a deep breath for a week...

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hmm...now isnt this the touch subject. I personally do not own any guns. Nor do I beleive I will ever have one, or have the need to yield one. Others may feel differently. Do I think the world will be a safer place without guns? Possibly...but maybe not. Human beings have the tendancy to always find new and more destructive ways to harm each other...whether it be primitive spears...all the way up to the nuclear bomb. The human race as a whole is a very destructive lot. Do I think that guns should be outlawed? Hmmm...thats a tough question. For personal use...no. I beleive that more preventive measures should be taking to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. For instance in the U.S. a few years ago, the N.R.A. was trying to prevent companies from putting caps on their guns which prevented them from accidentally misfiring. Say if a child were to get ahold of it. Now, why would they do such a thing? I beleive they have the right to have a gun if they want...but they also need to take precautions, and hold some responsibilites for these...well...weapons. Thats what they are. If anyone says guns are used for anything aside from maim or murder...they are blatantly lying. The dream of a world without guns is intriguing, but ultimitely futile. Gun compaines have such strong ties to the govts that they run under, that it would almost be impossible to topple them. As for guns for...say military use. It is hard to justify, the loss...of really any life. But...guns in war seem to be a nesacary evil. I wished to God that there was no need for these monstrosities...but in our society...like everything else they have their place. So the best that we can hope for is that people use this 'power' in the most responsible way possible. Again...I do not endorse guns, or their use. I do not beleive people have any reason to have one, but who am I to govern what you do?

3. Lounge   -   #53
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    thanks groggster, was waiting in anticipation for that one

i agree with you on pretty much every level there, i realise it really is only a futile dream for us to think that society will one day....survive(?) without guns, although i have to maintain that there has to be something done, they are getting out of hand, especially in america.
    Its been mentioned here before, Michael Moore's bowling for columbine is an excellent portrayal of gun violence in america....it certainly opened my eyes.
    The stark difference between the canadians and the people across the river (maybe not river&#33 in Detroit (right?) is there for all to see....
    whats the difference? cultures?
    i cant say i know the american culture too well, but the canadians like left their doors unlocked all day....he walked up and opened peoples doors during the day....
    cant we have a society like that were people dont live in fear of some freak weilding a gun?
    i dont live in that fear, but it seems to me an increasing amount of people are giving into the media paranoia surrounding criminals, etc......
    its just sad in my view, i hope one day we will see an end to it all.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Ban Guns, powerfull companies...
    Where have i heard that before.. weren't the cigarett companies powerfull once...
    Look at them now, theget sued all over the way. Cigarette smoking is forbidden almost all over the world and it's almost a crime if someone sees you smoking.

What i don't understand in the US of A they sew the cigarette companies because people die, why no one started a law suit against a weapon company by which weapon someone is heavilly injured or killed...

Sure that would be a good start to make weapons more expansive and in the end maybe make it almost unproffitable to make weapons.

All laywers from the US of A start reading this:

SUE THE WEAPON INDUSTRY... you will make a fortune, it's a sure win thing... B)

5. Lounge   -   #55
    I'm pretty sure someone already has tried to sue, I remember reading something about it. But the companies won, reasons being that they weren't responsible for how guns are used and also hte fact that most guns used for criminal purposes were either stolen or otherwise illegally obtained.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Originally posted by jetje@5 June 2003 - 19:43
    Ban Guns, powerfull companies...
    Where have i heard that before.. weren't the cigarett companies powerfull once...
    Look at them now, theget sued all over the way. Cigarette smoking is forbidden almost all over the world and it's almost a crime if someone sees you smoking.

What i don't understand in the US of A they sew the cigarette companies because people die, why no one started a law suit against a weapon company by which weapon someone is heavilly injured or killed...

Sure that would be a good start to make weapons more expansive and in the end maybe make it almost unproffitable to make weapons.

Chris Rock (ok bad example but i love what he says about this) says in his stand-up that each bullet should cost $5,000.
    here here.
    thats a start at least.
    i see what u mean jetje, those tobacco companies are getting sued for literally billions of dollars, i just hope and pray that one day the same fate becomes the large corporations producing weapons.

and i think it is possible as the youth of today have a different look on things - if somewhat tainted by society and its culture.

i just wish for less death....
    and its simple that less guns mean less death, i mean, really, a child can understand that, cant he? why cant we?

7. Lounge   -   #57
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by jetje@5 June 2003 - 13:43

Nice thought Jetje, but wrong.

Legislation is currently before Congress which would indemnify gun manufacturers from civil suits. If it passes ( and it appears that it will) the family of a victim killed with a gun will be prohibitedfrom suing the manufacturer. The gun manufacturers will be the only industry afforded this sort of blanket protection. The NRA is a very powerful lobby in Washington.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Lounge   -   #58
    insanebassman
    double post, my bad! See below

9. Lounge   -   #59
    insanebassman
    If I stab someone to death with a steak knife, will you sue Onieda? If I beat your sone to death with a bat, sue Wilson? What if I kick them to death with me shoes on, Sure rebok? Set them on fire.... sue Exxon for selling me tha gas or blue torch for selling me matches?

Deal with the assholes who misuse items, not the items them selves. May as well argue with a wall about boxing you in. It is pointless. Take away everything and leave me naked, I can still kill. (with the sight of me, no less.. hee hee hee)

I understand the arguements but can not grasp the rationale. Humans will find a way to kill.... Guns are just another tool.

For the record, I think the tobaco companies should not have been sued for thier product, and the dumbasses who used them should not get anything. The tobaco companies should, on the other hand, be made to help cancer clinics and change advertising campaigns.... there is no saftey switch on a cigarette.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Originally posted by insanebassman@5 June 2003 - 20:09

I understand the arguements but can not grasp the rationale. Humans will find a way to kill.... Guns are just another tool.

For the record, I think the tobaco companies should not have been sued for thier product, and the dumbasses who used them should not get anything. The tobaco companies should, on the other hand, be made to help cancer clinics and change advertising campaigns.... there is no saftey switch on a cigarette.
    i agree about the tobacco companies, the money should go to cancer research, etc.

But bassman, isnt it a persons decision, say, over 20 years of smoking 20 cigarettes a day to kill themselves?
    Maybe the time period for contracting cancer is shorter than that, i just know its bad for you.

It takes one split second for someone to take a life with a gun.
    thats it, that person will never speak another word again.

Im sorry but i feel very strongly about this, it is simply ridiculous that people cant admit the obvious harm that these weapons do.
    Yes they are a "tool", but wouldnt we be better off with one less tool on the streets to kill people with?
    i think it is blatentley obvious that we would.
    sure they will find knives, spears whatever else they can find, but they can be outlawed too, it all can be done quite simply if people get their heads out of their asses and realise what its doing to us, and our society.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast