Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Irql_not_less_or_equal Bsod

  1. #1
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    I've been getting this BSOD while playing dods today. It's been either that or random freezing and closing of the game by itself. I've reinstalled my videocard drivers cause it's been pointing out "NVMCP.SYS". It's getting VERY annoying

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    I ram memtest86 overnight for 9 hours, it went through 22 passes without finding any errors.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    maybe one of your fans isn't working and your graphic card gets too hot or maybe your cpu gets to hot?

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS2123 View Post
    maybe one of your fans isn't working and your graphic card gets too hot or maybe your cpu gets to hot?
    Na, all my temps are in check.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Does it only happen with that one game?

    Perhaps there's an update or patch for it?

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Does it only happen with that one game?

    Perhaps there's an update or patch for it?
    It's the one game I have installed, I was just playing and it did it again but the for some reason the screen was zoomed it so I couldn't seem the message the bsod gave. My hard drive has been making these weird almost like bird chirping noises and clacks that aren't normal for a hard drive. Could that have something to do with it, and should I take it back and get another one?

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    My hard drive has been making these weird almost like bird chirping noises and clacks that aren't normal for a hard drive. Could that have something to do with it, and should I take it back and get another one?
    Recertify the hard drive, silly person.
    It may not have any effect on your game play glitch but there's no sense ignoring what may be a more lethal emerging problem.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    NVMCP.SYS (NVidia Media and Communications Processor) is part of the driver for the Nvidia chipset. It generally handles audio, disk and network I/O. It isn't part of the video drivers, so reloading the video drivers isn't likely to have any benefit.

    However, it appears that your problem is quite common.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nvmcp.sys+bsod

    Some of these are quite old, so I would be surprised if there hasn't been a fix. You haven't said how old the system is so my first reaction is to suggest you look for an update.
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/drivers.html
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    NVMCP.SYS (NVidia Media and Communications Processor) is part of the driver for the Nvidia chipset. It generally handles audio, disk and network I/O. It isn't part of the video drivers, so reloading the video drivers isn't likely to have any benefit.

    However, it appears that your problem is quite common.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nvmcp.sys+bsod

    Some of these are quite old, so I would be surprised if there hasn't been a fix. You haven't said how old the system is so my first reaction is to suggest you look for an update.
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/drivers.html
    It's a brand new system, Just got it near the end of march. All the drivers are updated. Looks like I'll be giving NCIX a call tomorrow and see if I can return this HD. When and if I return it, should I write zeros to the hard drive or just bring it in as is?

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    NVMCP.SYS (NVidia Media and Communications Processor) is part of the driver for the Nvidia chipset. It generally handles audio, disk and network I/O. It isn't part of the video drivers, so reloading the video drivers isn't likely to have any benefit.

    However, it appears that your problem is quite common.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=nvmcp.sys+bsod

    Some of these are quite old, so I would be surprised if there hasn't been a fix. You haven't said how old the system is so my first reaction is to suggest you look for an update.
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/drivers.html
    It's a brand new system, Just got it near the end of march. All the drivers are updated. Looks like I'll be giving NCIX a call tomorrow and see if I can return this HD. When and if I return it, should I write zeros to the hard drive or just bring it in as is?
    Wow. That's a huge jump to conclusion. How do you know there's even a problem with the HD? Have you tried to recertify it as clocker suggested? How do you know if it's even a hardware vs software problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •