Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0 Post Leechers

BANNED
    whoc ares makes no difference

they post once there safe

vb deletes their acount they start a new one who cares????

2. Lounge   -   #12
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    This has been happening a lot lately in a lot of forums.
    It seems to be the trend to restrict members who don't post much.
    I am more active on this board than I am anywhere else but I have never once taken advantage of the verifieds. The reason for this is that most of the verifieds can be obtained quicker through the torrent sites. I have posted hashes and everyone is welcome to them. They cost me nothing, why should I fret?
    In another forum, which shall remain nameless, I have found myself restricted from a lot of goodies that I hitherto took for granted.
    The fact is that I didn't post on those boards because the pseudo-ettiquette enforced by members and mods made conversation uneasy. Communication seemed to be limited to gratitude and derision. Anything that I might have posted would have been already comprehensively covered by those more qualified than I. I'm sick of the snobbishness and elitism that pervades everything these days. These forums, at their genesis, promise big things and then become little cliques who hunt in packs and thumb their collective nose to the rest of the net. Isn't a forum with 10,000 members an active thriving one regardless of the percentage of people who actually post? And even if those 10,000 inactive members were to suddenly begin posting, wouldn't it just overload the board and cause more confusion (not to mention spam)?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    I've been reading a lot of elitest crap,(zapjb) zero posters not helping anyone, like to know how a 3 word story helps anyone, it's not even funny,but it's a post.
    hardly anyone gets it you said(talking about zero posts) but in your next post you
    added yet another restriction to your wish list. I think it's you who doesnt get it, or
    maybe just not that often. I must have missed the meeting when you were elected chief board nazi. I only wish this was my first post, as i'm sure that would wind you up greatly. You are indeed a senior Member. and a five star sad case, with over
    1000 posts to your name. can't say i've read them all but i'm certain they were not all helpfull. Who do you think you are?
    Get a life roll of honour. Dark blizard,Jayhawk,adthomp,nemo,somebody1234,named and shamed.

Respect,to the logical and the reasonable. bro doobie,side swiped,schuelady1960,
    jibbler,echidna,smellycat,rat faced,todiscool,chalice.

and........relax.
    max 80x80
    100kb

4. Lounge   -   #14
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by neil1967@18 June 2003 - 12:22

Respect,to the logical and the reasonable. bro doobie,side swiped,schuelady1960,
    jibbler,echidna,smellycat,rat faced,todiscool,chalice.
    im not logical and reasonable?

welcome anyway neil1967, u seem like a nice enough fella, i hate that b*llshit about new members not helping as well. anyone can help here IMO.

the more the merrier, the larger the community the better.
    see ya around mate,
    Bill

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by neil1967@18 June 2003 - 14:22
    I've been reading a lot of elitest crap,(zapjb) zero posters not helping anyone, like to know how a 3 word story helps anyone, it's not even funny,but it's a post.
    Actually that is a non-argument as posts in the lounge don't count.

I've been a zero-post lurker myself for a month or so and naturally I have to stick up for those guys.

I propose a compromise:
    Prune all zero-post, inactive for 3 months members.
    I repeat: Zero posts and have been zero posts for 3 months!

Seems reasonable to me and is common practice on a lot of boards.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. Lounge   -   #16
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    There's like way over 10,000 members on this board without even 1 post. Members with 1 post or more deserve priority over those 10,000+ with none. When the servers getting slammed we deserve priority. Those with 0 post count are not helping anyone. I think members with 1 post or more should be able to get in first. At least 10,000/25,000 members have 0 zero posts. Theroretically this cuts down server traffic by at least 40%. Yes I'd like to see this implemented. It won't, VB says. That's just my opinion. And I wish everyone good health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12