Thread: Considered Cheating?

Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hi,

I recently came across a friend with a seedbox, and he offered to seed my account on a site that he is not a member of.

He told me just take a break from the site, and let him work his magic for about a week or so. To get my ratio up enough that I wouldn't need to worry for a long time. Not that I ever seed less than 1:1 or the required seed time for the harder sites.

Now maybe my judgment has been compromised, but I'm thinking about doing it. My reasoning a seeder is a seeder doesn't matter who's doing it. But some could argue otherwise.

This is why I came here, what do you guys think?
    I'm no cheater, its disgraceful, but is this considered cheating?

Fibo
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    dudave's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    if he will seed for you on your account, then it's not cheating

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    As long as your friend is seeding legitimately, I dont see anything wrong with it. I've seen members here with high connections offer to seed for others who's having trouble maintaining a respectable ratio. So long as you still try to get to a 1:1 ratio for every file you download despite the big buffer your friend might provide you, you're still good.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    The buffer is only good for downloading old material.
    New material you will have to seed to 1:1 or 36-72h anyways depending on the tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post
    The buffer is only good for downloading old material.
    New material you will have to seed to 1:1 or 36-72h anyways depending on the tracker.
    That I know, but sometimes even on new torrents its hard to seed 1:1 so with the buffer I wouldn't need to worry about that too much, and just stick to the required seed time(If I see that seeding 1:1 is hopeless).

Fibo

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Having someone seed to your account isn't cheating in my opinion because whilst your friend is seeding for you he is helping other members of that site obtain the files they are after. Using ratio cheating software is different, it helps no-one else apart from the sad bastard doing it and has a negative impact on other users of that site.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sounds Good Guys thanx,

I actually Talk to a MOD on that tracker and he said it wouldn't be a problem as long as he wasn't seeding his account also. So I guess it taken care of then.

Again thanx for the input,
    Fibo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    hiub713's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Yeap 100% legit.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    taba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibo12358 View Post
    Sounds Good Guys thanx,

I actually Talk to a MOD on that tracker and he said it wouldn't be a problem as long as he wasn't seeding his account also. So I guess it taken care of then.

Again thanx for the input,
    Fibo

it isnt cheatin but sharing acc that may coz ur acc to b disabled in some trackers
    as far as that mod allows that so go ahead
    good luck
    English only in sigs please