Thread: Sending Files Via Aim

DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Last night i sent the matrix reloaded ( 700 MB ) over AIM to one of my friends and could my ISP track that? Like could they be like WTF 700 MB! And then call me? I sure hope not...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i doubt it, but if your going to do this regularly your better off with setting up your own ftp server and just giving friends the ip address, that way they can get whatever you want them to get, whenever they want and they can resume it as well if they cut off (not sure if you can resume with a messenger or not). if you want to do this get yourself buletproof ftp server 2.15 and there is a tutorial in the lounge as a sticky by razz on how to set it up.

hope this helps

stoi

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Good now i dont have to expect a call from my ISP

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Dark Blizzard wrote:

Good now i dont have to expect a call from my ISP
    It's doubtful you'll hear anything about it. But, consider this. I've never used AIM but know it's an AOL product. And lately, I've heard rumblings that AOL plans to start getting "tough" on file-sharers. God only knows what kind of code went into the current version of AIM ... but, I certainly wouldn't put it past AOL to have embedded some kind of hidden spyware in the thing. Frankly, if I was going to do a one-on-one file transfer to a friend, I'd either put it in a ZIP file ... or, if to be burned to a CD ... put it in one or more .BIN, .CUE, or .NRG files (or both) and send it via IRC DCC.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I put it in a Zip but sent it over AIM.....it went qucik too..well i guess its no big deal though