Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How does one get into a warez topsite

WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    why do u want scene axx so much? i am sure there is extra security there @ the scene and u don't have to wait @ all for releases, but anything else? just curious

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    wgameguy
    this shits old as hell but i felt like adding my reply
    Topsites are not something you just get im telling you this because at one time i did have it and i almost got caught for it but lucky my piece of shit computer broke so i couldn't get online anymore

TO gain access to a topsite you have to be one of 2 things either know where to look or be really freaking lucky well there is a 3rd thing its called work
    look for groups
    talk to them
    help them with anything you can talk to them long enough they might just let you in because then you gain their trust. trust is a very valuable thing in the scene i should know i was once there at one time i had over 27 sites to choose from where i wanted to go but now i have nothing thats what happens when you go away for a couple years people go to jail people die and alot of other shit happens so have fun and look into mirc
    you can find just about anything you want on there same day usally that its released on the net www.google.com use it itll tell you everything if you just hit the right keys

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    if you have some skills at ripping whatever material... music, movies, mvids
    and that you can rip some rare shit, if you put that shit on some site
    you might get some mail someday inviting you to share privately(ftp's etc...)

i had a friend who ripped for pure pleasure on a blog and he got invited to rip for a known scene group... but he declined the invite ahaha...
    (as he prefers the p2p way)
    Last edited by $SnoopDo2G$; 04-12-2010 at 10:02 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    I asked the same question myself not too long ago. I was able to get into the sites i wanted mainly by contributing and building ratios, then i luckily swung some invites on some invite communities... havnt got one from here yet

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesnz View Post
    Don't expect it to be easy to find a group that will accept you! The FED's bust groups all the time, so security & trust is extremely tight!

*EDIT* HiFi why would you be hanging around a forum with 852 posts under you belt if you have access to topsites!
    It's easy if you have something to offer and you happen to find a new group in need of anything.

Maybe he want's to help out other people, same reason why there's so many sceners in p2p. I find it hilarious/hypocritical when some groups try to uncover sceners in p2p and post screens of trackers. It wasn't easy to get in some of them either .

Most of you have this perception of the scene being some underground operation, it might of been that in the days of dialers but like many things, the scene has evolved and there are too many insecure people in there to really do anything.

Everyone is in on it too, Oscar reviewers, ISP's, Server farmers, Store staff, Game reviewers etc..

However there are extra layers of security to protect groups, eg. People staying in their area - eg. Encoders stick to encoding and not talk to the dumpers, FiSH encryption keys change regularly, SSL/IP whitelist on sites etc.

Usually small groups are more relaxed and pretty much are from p2p making their way up in the ranks.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    you talk about crap topsites ,not everyone has acces, if you have axx to HQs groups you know what i speak.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    You do not find them , they finds you.
    lol

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by F4LSE View Post
    I asked the same question myself not too long ago. I was able to get into the sites i wanted mainly by contributing and building ratios, then i luckily swung some invites on some invite communities... havnt got one from here yet
    Wrong definition of site (I think, might be a sarcastic tail to induce trollage). Just to be clear, this topic is talking about Scene Topsites, where groups first release.

I'm currently on one site, with unlimited leech, because I encode for a group.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    $SnoopDo2G$ can i talk with you in private? please PM to me.
    Last edited by SoUL_JazZ; 05-24-2010 at 07:52 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    You don't have PMing privileges...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast