Thread: Requesting something from Usenet.

i was wondering how you can request something... i use newsleecher...thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Yeah in want to know where to place requests because dindt see any request section. Please help need to request something.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you can post a message to a relevant group along the lines of

req: latest.movie.maven.r5

there is a new button in newsleecher that will post to the activated group.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    So if I understand correct it is not possible to request something on this site?

Thanks for your reply.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by radjaroy View Post
    So if I understand correct it is not possible to request something on this site?

Thanks for your reply.
    No requests here.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I can see this question asked all over the place and don't want to open a new thread because of that, but i've had no luck with requesting. I'm using NewsBinPro and right click on the group, choose "post to this group" and make a post with the usual REQ: Tribe, BBC tv docu-series and write a message, i don't see it appear on the post list, and i never get a response, ever. I choose groups that have plently of recently posts, but nada.

I've attempted IRC to get in touch with the people who know, but don't seem to be able to join any relevant chatrooms.

I'm doing this wrong, i'm sure, argh!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Some time newsgroup providers dont allow posting rights by default. With newshosting you had to enable it through the website, but my isp newsserver allows posting by default.

You can also try some nzb sites and hope a member will upload whatever you are looking for