Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Can someone explain how 9/11 deniers damage america?

  1. #1
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeAGZt2BCA[/youtube]

    i gotta be honest now, after seeing jesus camp with kids that were saying they'd sacrifice them self for christ and all that stuff: the idea that a few dozen people in a country where TV is banned could fuck up or intentionally get their country occupied isn't so hard to believe any more. i don't care for the apparent physics anomalies of the towers, just the conspiracy behind the attack is what should be looked at.


    anyway.... how does rosie o'donnell asking questions, even insinuating the US government did it, damage america. why would it matter to terrorists abroad. surely the idea that people believe they're incapable of anything is more of an anti al-qaeda propaganda victory

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    [youtube]aPeAGZt2BCA[/youtube]

    i gotta be honest now, after seeing jesus camp with kids that were saying they'd sacrifice them self for christ and all that stuff: the idea that a few dozen people in a country where TV is banned could fuck up or intentionally get their country occupied isn't so hard to believe any more. i don't care for the apparent physics anomalies of the towers, just the conspiracy behind the attack is what should be looked at.


    anyway.... how does rosie o'donnell asking questions, even insinuating the US government did it, damage america. why would it matter to terrorists abroad. surely the idea that people believe they're incapable of anything is more of an anti al-qaeda propaganda victory
    There are conspiracy theories abound, like the Moon landings and the Alien that landed in area 51? If you ask them for tangible truth all you get in reply is 'flannel'.

    Incidentally I don't believe that you posted this thread. It was done by someone else using your account.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    340
    Bob. It's simply a matter of propaganda. The 9/11 deniers says foolish things,television over the pond pick them up and run them. If you were a radical Islamist and every day when you sat down for your dinner you saw someone in America(whom they "over there" portray as main stream) saying 9/11 was an inside job wouldn't you start to believe it too?
    The constant feeding of deception and lies eventually become facts in the minds of those who are fed. If Goebbels were alive today he would be salivating at the chance to use these views.
    It is a fine line between freedom of speech and treason.

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Actually, they don't.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Actually, they don't.
    Please explain......

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Bob. It's simply a matter of propaganda. The 9/11 deniers says foolish things,television over the pond pick them up and run them. If you were a radical Islamist and every day when you sat down for your dinner you saw someone in America(whom they "over there" portray as main stream) saying 9/11 was an inside job wouldn't you start to believe it too?
    The constant feeding of deception and lies eventually become facts in the minds of those who are fed. If Goebbels were alive today he would be salivating at the chance to use these views.
    It is a fine line between freedom of speech and treason.
    a great deal of the middle east thought it was an inside job on september the 12th. whether america attacked itself in order to start wars all over the place, or radical islamists did it doesn't really matter to them...

    to them, their civilians are being killed because of something that has nothing to do with them. most people believe that the iraq war and to a lesser extent the afghan war have done nothing but inspire terrorism. not because of propaganda in america propagated by america, but simply because we're on their land, killing their dudes.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    a great deal of the middle east thought it was an inside job on september the 12th. whether america attacked itself in order to start wars all over the place, or radical islamists did it doesn't really matter to them...

    to them, their civilians are being killed because of something that has nothing to do with them. most people believe that the iraq war and to a lesser extent the afghan war have done nothing but inspire terrorism. not because of propaganda in america propagated by america, but simply because we're on their land, killing their dudes.

    I don't agree that 9/12,as you put it,was an inside job.
    I do,however, give you kudos for your sensible approach to the question.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    It doesn't damage America. The suggestion is purely political spin to try to silence open debate

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Actually, they don't.
    Please explain......
    Because their numbers constitute a minority of microscopic proportions, and it is a minority lacking the requisite "victim" status (apart from the obvious intellectual deficit) which typically gives minority groups their voice.

    When such a periodical as Popular Science has sundered your argument to a fare-thee-well, the NYT is not likely to offer a do-over.

    Neither are we likely to influence the opinion of the Arab street, relative to their misapprehension of events, so what, oh what, are we to do?

    Ask me if I care at all (at all).
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    It doesn't damage America. The suggestion is purely political spin to try to silence open debate
    Quite true.

    Why should we shrink from open debate, no matter how unrelentingly silly, misleading and stupid it might be.

    Spin/context must be stamped out at all costs.

    I hereby announce my entrepeneurial entry into spin management; I am now offering Logic Credits as an aid to those suffering any and all argumentive impairments.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •