Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading of Private BitTorrent Accounts

I think it's fraud and encourages Leeches and also, probably a great security risk, that allows companies as the RIAA, to get a foothold.

...should this sort of "trading" be banned here? Should members that offer such accounts have their membership of FileSharingTalk, suspended, their Ips noted and these sent to the administration of the private tracker, whose security, they are compromising?

If this is not a problem for the private site, then their membership can be resumed here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    filesharingtalk dont care what the private trackers think
    thats upto the trackers to deal with
    if ppl didnt do it here they would do it elsewhere (as they do)
    at least its done here with some form of forum moderation.
    im pretty sure its brought thousands more users to these forums, so i cant see it being banned.

and the security risk arguement doesnt hold up.
    mpaa/riaa would get in either way.

edit: i'll add that its the "Bittorrent Invites Section" - not the "account/invite trading section"
    some users there simply give away invites to friends on the forum, and others trade with trackers that dont mind. both of which i dont see a problem with. cant scrap a whole forum section just because some unrelated sites dont agree.
    Last edited by j0hn; 05-02-2007 at 12:09 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    nickw1988's Avatar FST Xtreme User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    yea it wont be banned each tracker is different and have different ways they will deal with it. Thats why they have spys to catch the people and disable the accounts

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    L3ST's Avatar Mt Love BT Rep: +1
    Imagine_If your point of view is understandable if u're an admin/sysop of a good tracker ( good tracker imo = hard to signup ).
    Your aproach is wrong though. Think of it this way: Your country is restricted to some type of food. Rice for example. You eat rice all day( aka you have one account, only one tracker, only one category ). You can't buy anything from the internet because you'll get thrown in jail ( aka your account will be disabled ). You can't buy anything else from your country because there is just one food provider and it produces only rice ( the tracker is based on just one category: XviD for example ).
    Now .. if you would be in this situation would you trade for something else or would you eat rice forever ? ( aka would you trade your account for another one ? )

No offense to teh asian people

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    what a strange comparison

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by L3ST View Post
    Imagine_If your point of view is understandable if u're an admin/sysop of a good tracker ( good tracker imo = hard to signup ).
    Your aproach is wrong though. Think of it this way: Your country is restricted to some type of food. Rice for example. You eat rice all day( aka you have one account, only one tracker, only one category ). You can't buy anything from the internet because you'll get thrown in jail ( aka your account will be disabled ). You can't buy anything else from your country because there is just one food provider and it produces only rice ( the tracker is based on just one category: XviD for example ).
    Now .. if you would be in this situation would you trade for something else or would you eat rice forever ? ( aka would you trade your account for another one ? )

No offense to teh asian people

I see what you mean with that analogy I would continue to eat rice, but I would plant some seeds in fertile ground.

Take for example power + buffered accounts with say 100 gbs or more buffer.

These accounts have been created by seeding. Wouldn't it be better to download from other within the community who are struggling with their ratio? That's a good thing to do for the community, rather than putting them at risk?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    L3ST's Avatar Mt Love BT Rep: +1
    I agree on the buffered accounts but this is teh only way to trade these days. If people weren't so greedy the world would be a better place. Noone is gonna trade ya demonoid for ScT for example. So you have to offer a lil' bit more: Extra upload GB's or a higher class.
    If the guy who gets the account is a morron it's his problem.

What do you mean by putting the community at risk ? If you trade you get something (usually) better. Teh guy who has something better is still a p2p user who downloads copyrighted information.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It works fine when Power Users use the invite threads on some trackers that have them, that way the fucktard leechers can't request to be invited to such private sites.Not every site wants their name plastered all over the place.Theres at least 5 that I know of that don't get their name mentioned here (they;re good by the way) and thats they way they will keep it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Feck it all,and use newsgroups.

-bd

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Think about this situation - if I give an invite to a decent tracker to someone who then trades that account on, who then trades it on again etc etc somewhere down the line we may end up with someone who cheats or gets caught trading the account. Who do the site trace it back to....me. So I get either disabled or my invites taken away and the person I gave the invite to gets away with it.

If you've acquired an account by open sign-up and want to trade it on that's up to you. But if you got that account through an invite I don't feel it's yours to trade on. Respect the person who invited you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast