Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FST on mirc or not to be?

emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Few days ago I joined this chan on the mirc #trade don't remember on what server
    But the thing is at the same channel was some guys from FST that I recognized by their nickname and they recognized meand it was really fun chatting with them online and stuffSo I was thinking why wouldn't FST open an Mirc channel on /server irc.p2p-irc.net (the server were most of the trackers have channels onThat will help to recruit to FST lots of new members from mirc channels and make our community a bit bigger

P.S.
    In the future it will be possible to open a separate secret channel FST.trades
    that only some users will be allowed to enter (users who have acc to the Invites Section on FST).

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    GaleaNatur's Avatar ---Retired--- BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    why not?good idea
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Trading VIA IRC is not safe, cuz you're there exposed.
    It's good idea only for chit-chatting.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Exposed? how? if you use a vhost, how are you more exposed then here? No real difference between here and on IRC cept IRC would be real time.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Trades in irc are completely insecure.. Scamming can not be proved and it will be a heaven for scammers.. Not to mention that a lot of ppl will use other ppl's usernames etc.. Avoid it at all costs ppl..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Trading VIA IRC is not safe, cuz you're there exposed.
    It's good idea only for chit-chatting.
    you dont need to trade there
    but you can find your deal there and trade on the web
    and its not made only for trading...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    Trades in irc are completely insecure.. Scamming can not be proved and it will be a heaven for scammers.. Not to mention that a lot of ppl will use other ppl's usernames etc.. Avoid it at all costs ppl..
    have you even used IRC?
    you can register nicks with a password. Anyone who doesn't would have no room to complain if some one else used their name.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    have you even used IRC?
    you can register nicks with a password. Anyone who doesn't would have no room to complain if some one else used their name.
    Do you even know what's a forum ?..respect Moon
    Chit-chat in irc is kind of cool but FST still a forum after all.
    /bquit
    Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 05-06-2007 at 12:33 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    And it would not be the first Forum, site, tracker, whatnot to utilize IRC as a way for members to connect to one an other.
    I ment no dis-respect, but what he said about usernames can be avoided.
    IRC can be usefull for many people, even those who use forums.
    Just because its a forum doesn't mean it can't expand and grow?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by emsee View Post
    Few days ago I joined this chan on the mirc #trade don't remember on what server
    But the thing is at the same channel was some guys from FST that I recognized by their nickname and they recognized meand it was really fun chatting with them online and stuffSo I was thinking why wouldn't FST open an Mirc channel on /server irc.p2p-irc.net (the server were most of the trackers have channels onThat will help to recruit to FST lots of new members from mirc channels and make our community a bit bigger

P.S.
    In the future it will be possible to open a separate secret channel FST.trades
    that only some users will be allowed to enter (users who have acc to the Invites Section on FST).
    There used top be a KLF irc chat run by some of the senior members here. I think this is a good idea..roscco if the team agrees could easily add a chat icon. This idea is not new,in the days of the KLF there was an irc chat channel for FST members which you could join by clicking on the chat icon on top and at the right of the page. This topic is on the wrong forum, it should be posted here Everything Related to the Board
    Last edited by thewizeard; 05-02-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast