Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's just gone over the top

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    I don't know if I'm alone with this thought, though I highly doubt it. For the past half-year or so, through the BT section, I have come across literally sh!tloads of completely useless posts consisting of no more than 1 sentence at most (which is comprised of maybe 1-5 words), with no content whatsoever.

It seems people post these "good luck", "nice giveaway", "sweet", "w00t" posts just to bump their post count... Honestly.. What was the Lounge ever created for...?
    One more reason for getting pissed off with these thousands of posts is that say someone is offering some w00tingly high rated tracker trade, and is eagerly waiting for a reply from the one with the million-dollar-worth-tracker that he has been waiting for, for years... He goes into the BT-trading forum, sees a new post.. YAY!! Oh.. but wait.. poor guy enters his thread, only to see that the 20 replies he got are all "good luck" and "awesome trade" posts (at the least), or "crap trade", "no way you'll get that" types of replies.

PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A TOSS about your opinion on the trade.. post constructive, or go fish in the Lounge... it's annoying (especially as I am one who roams the BT section often)...

Just to see whether I am alone with my thoughts or not.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Its definitely annoying but ive long stopped fretting about as theres nothing that can be done about it. Unless management actually starts forbidding these useless one word posts, I doubt it will stop. FFS, we shouldnt need 20 people to tell us how good/crappy our trade offer is, thanking us for a review of a tracker or wishing us these countless good lucks. I need people wishing me good luck as much as i need phlegm in my throat.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    The Invites section has somewhat of a Lounge atmosphere. To delete all those post might be a bit much to sort through. As for bumping post count dont get the point since they already have access. Also bumping their count like that makes it easily know to others that theyre fluff posters and are as trustable as a n00b in a giveaway or a trade. Think most of this is a bit of chit chat though gets thin at times...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Nah, I still think it's out of order, and there is a very simple way to stop it... Make a sticky, announcement, whatever.. mod the BT invites section heavily for a short while like a month or so, and people will start thinking twice before making a stupid 2 word post.

I for one would feel great deleting stupid post after stupid post and sending out warnings of such.. I even sent a PM to someone who was a repetitive beggar.. stopped hom from begging again. It's useless, strains the already strained servers, and are just plain annoying.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Use the report button for the fluff posting freaks.

Thats what it's there for.

Also /addignore BT invites section works wonders, for me, since I no longer need, want or care for that section.

But it's when the spammers/fluff posters or general arsebandits cross the line you should definitely report them. I can't think of any specific examples but random "thankssssss" posts in a thread in hardware world, just gets annoying and to be fair the mods are generally pretty quick to deal with it once alerted to these kinda things!

They won't spam the lounge, generally cos they probably have enough intelligence to realise that they will get bum raped. But, on the other hand most of em stop scrolling down after they see the BT section anyway. and never make it down t'lounge world (unfortunately) mores the pity.
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 05-03-2007 at 06:55 PM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    The ignore function would work wonders if you didn't use the BT section. For people that do regularly, these arse-posters can get extremely annoying, therefor driving them away from the board for whatever reason...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It does get annoying and I have no idea why most of my lot do it but you learn to ignore it after a while Maybe I should migrate to the lounge....

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    It's not a matter of getting used to it. It's like walking down the street, while the pavement is packed with dog-shit, without anyone willing to clean it up.. So, you just get used to it? Don't think so. It's annoying, and extremely unnecessary.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    It's not a matter of getting used to it. It's like walking down the street, while the pavement is packed with dog-shit, without anyone willing to clean it up.. So, you just get used to it? Don't think so. It's annoying, and extremely unnecessary.
    #

lol I see you have visited the UK then?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    I was born there my dear amigo..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast